Search results

1. Pursuit Of Hogs

2022 Sooke Reports

They were liking the cut plugs at the shack around 3pm today!....dropped into 4 teeners in the first hour after fishing otter before that. Otter only one 10 lber and a couple missed chances. Going to try it tomorrow again less wind
  2. Pursuit Of Hogs

2022 Sooke Reports

Exactly... people need to realize clubbing is not what makes it fun. At the end of the day all you have is a picture so just enjoy it!!
  3. Pursuit Of Hogs

2022 Sooke Reports

So clubbing every fish you catch will make the fishery better? I would like to catch salmon for years to come so you won't see me complaining. I'd also release any tyee I would get anyways so it doesn't really change anything for me
  4. Pursuit Of Hogs

2022 Sooke Reports

I think I am the only one that loves having minimal boats at a spot. Only boat at trap shack in July lol. Just Mooching two rods had over 10 spring on yesterday, every fish I landed swam away strong! Good fun. I know it would be frustrating for guides trying to run a buisness because most people...
  5. Pursuit Of Hogs

2022 Sooke Reports

If you like catching big fish you want to rub the kelp as close as possible.. im definitely not going to avoid the kelp because someone is fishing from shore!! They can wait while you get a pass in just like all the other boats would have to if you were fishing next to each other .
  6. Pursuit Of Hogs

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Thanks for that. I will look more into it. At first look I was considering fishing the south side. I'm only interested in fishing the beach not offshore so was looking like there was a lot of ground around there.
  7. Pursuit Of Hogs

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Never been up to Nootka before but I am considering it this summer. How are the roads to trailer in boats ? A few gravel roads I assume. Thanks
  8. Pursuit Of Hogs

Optimax studdering

Check your VST filter, my yamaha 250 last year would cut out randomly with the same symtoms, I couldn't get a new filter in time due to covid but simply took the filter out, gave it a clean and never had the issue again. Spent so much time replacing and checking everything to do with fuel and...
  9. Pursuit Of Hogs

2021 Port Renfrew Reports

1 mile North east of East point, cut plugs.
  10. Pursuit Of Hogs

2021 Sooke Reports

I have had freshly spooled reels snap the mainline on the first fish of the season and it was due to the manager of the lodge spooled our reels and didn't have enough pressure on the line when he was putting it on.. could be it. And now I never trust anyone to do it
  11. Pursuit Of Hogs

Just got back from the long weekend, not hot and heavy but if you put in time there's springs around, managed to grab 3 around 26-28lbs and some teeners with them aswell. We had better luck just up from woods nose . Good weather along with that aswell!
  12. Pursuit Of Hogs

Thats my favorite time when there's no boats lol we will be hitting camper once we're there only looking for a big one anyways so I don't mind letting them go!
  13. Pursuit Of Hogs

Have many people been fishing lately? Wondering how its been. Coming up July 1st for the month can't wait to get up there!
  14. Pursuit Of Hogs

2020 Sooke Reports

I would say its been a slow year for me, I don't consider catching coho and shaker springs a good day at all maybe just what I'm used to. Or if I catch 70-80cm springs i find that to be pretty small but it seems around here a 80cm is a hog to most when I talk to them lol. Wish i could look at...
  15. Pursuit Of Hogs

2020 Sooke Reports

Thanks for that.. most definitely a rule!!
  16. Pursuit Of Hogs

2020 Sooke Reports

If there's lots of boats try to stay on your fish and take it offshore away from boats to land, out of everyone's way and safe from the Kelp bed
  17. Pursuit Of Hogs

2020 Port Renfrew Reports

Pacific gateway marina launch is open
  18. Pursuit Of Hogs

2020 Sooke Reports

Use 2 single 4/0 hooks for your chovies. I never use trebles when I run chovies works great. Easy to shake fish and dont get caught up in the net as easy
  19. Pursuit Of Hogs

2020 Port Renfrew Reports

They definently do.. I use to run them up in the Charlotte's when the coho would get so bad you couldnt even let your bait down without having them hit. So I would throw on plugs and it would actually let you have a chance to get springs with all the coho around. Although when everyone is cut...
  20. Pursuit Of Hogs

2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Just go for it what's the worst that could happen ;)
Back