Search results

1. prodjsaig

Optimax studdering

My 150 optimax won't go WOT and stutters drops from 3400 rpm to 3100 then picks up again. Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. All my coils and coil drivers check ok on the multimeter and the only alarm I get is engine guardian active due to certain conditions. Engine power limited. I'm...
  2. prodjsaig

Starter negative lead

On my outboard there is a negative going to battery 1 and negative to battery 2. And a 2 gauge positive to the start solenoid. Do I need both of those negatives I'm replacing the wire as they are corroded and not tinned. Also the one negative was cut too short and put on a brass post to reach...
  3. prodjsaig

Fraser river violations

https://www.theprogress.com/news/more-than-200-illegal-fishing-nets-seized-on-fraser-river-by-fishery-officers/ 200 illegal fisheries on the fraser river.
  4. prodjsaig

Leaf spring replacement

I am replacing the leaf springs on the traioer and they are slipped springs. A bushing and an eye on one side and an open hook on the other. Do I need a bushing for the slipper side? Never done this before
  5. prodjsaig

Fuel rail corrosion

Decided to get the fuel injectors air injectors and rails cleaned at NW injectors in Port kells. Check out the bottom of my starboard rail. The retainer should keep it from popping out but there will be a void underneath. My plan is to get some jb weld coat the fitting in oil and then fill under...
  6. prodjsaig

New ACR should I rewire the far side downrigger?

The acr will isolate all electrical power except the one side downrigger I have running off the start battery. Is it a big deal? Isnt it good for the battery to be drawn down and charged? will cost me 50$ to rewire with 10 gauge to the house battery. should I just leave it?
  7. prodjsaig

Humminbird transducer Helix 7 Mega DI

Say if I was to buy a helix 7 mega di for a new system and the down scan (i know its kinda useless in the salt). How do their stock transducer hold up? is it the same with garmin?
  8. prodjsaig

Boat coaming pad bolster rail

Hi the original bolster rail on my trophy keeps falling off. It is only 1/2" green board plywood with foam and upholstery. It is as a real pain to put the screws in from underneath. I looked at wood options dimensions are 52" x 2.5" (thick) x 4.5" (wide down from the gunnel). Teak max thickness...
  9. prodjsaig

Hds 7 and 5 help.

I bought a new airmar p66 transducer and both units aren't showing bottom. I'm suspecting something inside both of them is blown. Can you ohm test or something to check if the transducer is good?
  10. prodjsaig

Optimax 150 warning beep and stall

I was laying some crab traps and the main engine stalled out while at idle and started an intermittent beep and run rough. I checked the compressor and all seems good. I can start the motor but have to increase the idle to keep it from stalling. I narrowed it down to either a direct injector...
  11. prodjsaig

Outboard swivel grease point

I have a question about the swivel grease location when I put grease in I see grease coming out of the top of the joint but no grease coming out of the bottom. This is the left and right swivel joint on a 150 outboard. I can see its got some lubrication (slick looking) and signs of some old...
  12. prodjsaig

Transom saver

I'm making a transom saver dimensions are 5x4.5x3/4. Should I make it wider to allow two transducers? Maybe 8x4.5?
  13. prodjsaig

victoria sailing record

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/safest-man-on-the-planet-back-in-victoria-after-267-day-sailing-odyssey/ar-BB16Waxi?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds
  14. prodjsaig

Injector testing

how safe is it to unplug an injector while idling to confirm flow and or spark? Just wanting to see if I'm going on all cylinders. I don't notice anything bogging down at WOT and get get 60km/hr on my 4000lbs boat. Just curious next season ill service the injectors.
  15. prodjsaig

Airmar TM165

I found a site for the newer Airmar transducer chirp ready and has a custom mount for $150 usd. https://rytekmarine.com/collections/airmar-transducer-mounts/products/rytek-marine-tm165hw-p66-transom-mount
  16. prodjsaig

Planar / webasto placement for 22' cuddy

Anyone recommend where to mount a diesel air heater I was thinking on the bulkhead infront of the helm. Then can just leave it in there with no ducting to heat the cuddy. Eventually put in ducting to the seating area. Is there a better spot to put it?
  17. prodjsaig

2002 optimax 150hp Air compressor

I went through the service manual and parts list and there are no filters in the return oil lines off the compressor. The newer optis and xs models have two filters off the compressor. Is it one of those things to replace the compressor at X hours regardless to avoid a blow up?
  18. prodjsaig

Squamish fish stranding

https://www.squamishchief.com/news/local-news/no-compliance-issues-with-bc-hydro-despite-mass-fish-kill-in-squamish-dfo-1.24117064 Article I found makes you wonder what else could be killing fish we dont know about ie illegal gillnets
  19. prodjsaig

Fishing trip pre july 15

Seeing if anyone is interested in either going to thrasher or hole in the wall before the ban is lifted to target a decent sized fish. Got to get the boat in operation earlier and go for my personal record of 24lbs. If not anyone interested in going to a derby later this year? I have a 22.5...
  20. prodjsaig

Bead chains

Are bead chains meant for lures or can you use them on the flasher? Meaning cutting the swivel off and putting the duo lock through the top of the flasher to bead chain. Im running duo locks on my main line to flasher no bead chain yet
Back