Search results

1. Steplift

Opal squid in the Rupert area?

Anyone have any information on when the opal squid show up around Prince Rupert? I'm heading out in five weeks not planning on trying to catch them just want to know when they might be around. I've done really well on springs with a hammered chrome dodger and a green glow skirt.
  2. Steplift

Boats sink in Alaska

https://alaskapublic.org/2024/01/25/roofs-collapse-boats-sink-under-the-weight-of-juneaus-heavy-snow/ Oh nooooooo
  3. Steplift

San Jose Mexico November

Just booked for San Jose Mexico leaving November-6th and hoping to get into some good fishing. Has anyone here had any experience fishing the area that could help out with advice and a known charter and. I've never been there before and would love to go out for Sail fish, Wahoo Yellowfin ect.
  4. Steplift

PT Defiance/ Tom Max spoons

My dad was recently gifted a tackle box from a neighbor who is going through some medical issues and unlikely to use it again. Looking through it he had some older looking gear two brand new PR Defiance spoons and one Tom Mac still in the package plus a well used spoon I think it’s made by...
  5. Steplift

TFO Guru fly fishing combo

My son is selling a 9’ 4w 4pc TFO Lefty Kreh fly rod a Guru fly reel loaded with a floating line. 600$ OBO.
  6. Steplift

Shop find

Just seen this guy in my collection anyone know the make and vintage? I believe it was my grandfather’s
  7. Steplift

Do you fight or do you play the fish?

I’ve always been one to put the backbone of the rod into fighting a fish when hooked. Saltwater salmon fishing seems more important to fight the fish and boat it as soon as possible. We list one spring and one coho right behind the boat last year to a sea lion. It makes sense to me that the fish...
  8. Steplift

My son’s one and only day of rifle hunting

As the title goes it was a one day deer season for my 14 year old guy boy that is I got three days this year. We moved to Calgary a few years ago and getting back home to go hunting with my father with my son has been difficult. Family and work commitments take a toll on my extra circular...
  9. Steplift

Weekend get away

I'm going to Victoria on the 5th for a few days of relaxing sight seeing and a little pub hopping lol. So the question is what are the favorite watering holes in the area of the locals? Also if there is a must see on the south end of the Island I'd like to hear your suggestions. Cheers Jody
  10. Steplift

Wanted miniature schnauzer puppy

Our family is starting our search for a hypoallergenic dog to join our large family. We are looking at a miniature schnauzer as the preferred bread. If anyone knows of puppies looking for a good loving home this please send me a PM please.
  11. Steplift

Delicious buns

My wife has an amazing bun recipe so I figured I should share it with everyone. We’re all locked up so You may as well enjoy some great fresh buns.
  12. Steplift

Fish pics for the isolated

Figured I’d start a fish pic thread for the isolated. I’m to far from the coast to get out on the salt and have to many young kids to get out ice fishing. So I’ll post a few pictures of better days from the past and dreams of future days ahead. boys tag teaming a salmon
  13. Steplift

Dodger or flasher

What is your preference when pulling a hoochie a dodger or flasher. I’ve had better luck with a with a dodger and stiff 60# maxima mono leaders to help transfer the action.
  14. Steplift

Guides in Rupert

We got out to Rupert yesterday afternoon put the old mans boat in the water this morning and the oil pressure alarm came on. We checked the oil level changed the filter and no change we’re going to check at the local shops to see if they can put a code reader on it. Hopefully it’s a simple fix...
  15. Steplift

Roy MacPherson rods

I recently purchased a custom Roy MacPherson rod built in 1978. I’m planning on catching a few salmon on it in a few weeks then probably going to hang it on the wall as a collector. Anyone else have one of his rods and thoughts on them? From what I’ve found for information he’s a fairly well...
Back