Search results

1. TheNootkaRose

It's only money right??? Remote steering or Auto pilot?

+1 on @Hot-Streak 's setup. I was in their situation a year ago. Got the exact same setup with main MFD HDS 12"Live up front running a mirrored display through wifi to my phone at the back of the boat, and also with the remote fob aroiund my neck. Game changer. Just relaxing when setting gear...
  2. TheNootkaRose

CMAPS or Navionics in Lowrance HDS 12 Live?

Thanks. Yes I currently have the cmaps running but I kind of miss navionics which is what I’m used to. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to Cmaps?
  3. TheNootkaRose

Shore fishing in Ucluelet

You just gotta wait and and see when they arrive. El Nino year and all, you won't know until people start seeing/catching them.
  4. TheNootkaRose

CMAPS or Navionics in Lowrance HDS 12 Live?

Which do you run in your MFD? Why do you prefer one over the other?
  5. TheNootkaRose

2006 Honda 8hp kicker in Ucluelet

In Ucluelet... sometimes come east island. Listed at $1400 on FB Marketplace, but will cut a nice deal for forum members. Selling a 2006 Honda BF8 8hp kicker. Tiller, manual tilt and trim. Starts and runs flawlessly. Always maintained. I am the 3rd owner, I’ve had it since 2020. Always full...
  6. TheNootkaRose

Gibbs catch and release salmon net (sold)

Hey @Sea Chaser you still have the net for sale? Thanks
  7. TheNootkaRose

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Thanks man, yeah same same I think. I know Highwater puts one out every year and I looked and couldn’t find it on their Facebook. The PA one looked different on the PA video blog so that’s why I asked. But same function. Thanks!
  8. TheNootkaRose

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Anyone have the chinook retention map/image the Pacific Angler posts on their blog? I’m well aware of the regs just like to have that map picture saved on my phone. Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post. Thanks!
  9. TheNootkaRose

Opinions on Lighting

I have a flood and a remote controlled spot on the front and I never use them. Like others I just, let eyes adjust, go slow AF, mind the chart plotter/radar if needed, have you NAV lights on, and when you get close to dock, there are likely light on from the town/dock that will help you get er...
  10. TheNootkaRose

SOLD Lowrance Elite-12 Ti2 12” unit for sale

SOLD to a member. Thank you, enjoy! Selling an excellent condition 12” Lowrance Elite Ti2. Always in a dry cabin. Screen is perfect as is the rest of the unit. Included: Navionics + US&Canada microSD card 4ft power cord with 5amp fuse Mounting bracket Mounting screws Installation...
  11. TheNootkaRose

Yamaha 9.9 XL High Thrust

Is this power tilt too or manual tilt? Thanks
  12. TheNootkaRose

BV22 CC - thoughts?

There's a guy named Rob at Lion's Bay Marina that has a beauty BV CC 20'? 22'? with a 250 on it. Looks so solid and wide and just perfect. Had boat envy for sure. Often just parked right at the docks there.
  13. TheNootkaRose

Naniamo to Bamfield route?

Friday to Monday of the long weekend it’s just alternating traffic. This is the official schedule otherwise, just find your date and see the times: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/transportation-projects/other-transportation-projects/highway-4-cameron-bluffs
  14. TheNootkaRose

Kicker remote control

No worries at all, I haven’t bought it yet, but I do have the email saved from them. I tend to let these things go, everyone makes mistakes. I appreciate you giving me the heads up! Thank you.
  15. TheNootkaRose

Kicker remote control

You’re correct! Just called Lowrance to confirm. Shoot back to the drawing board.
  16. TheNootkaRose

Kicker remote control

Oh shoot. Is this from personal experience? Pls let me know. Harbour Chandler said the Elite Ti2 will work with the Lowrance Outboard Hydraulic Pack autopilot.
  17. TheNootkaRose

2023 Ucluelet Reports

This is a great report!
  18. TheNootkaRose

Naniamo to Bamfield route?

This is an accurate answer regarding this topic. I go Nanaimo to Ukee every few weeks. Just timing the closure so that you arrive at the westbound closure way before 9am and go through, or show up for the westbound 11:30am flush. Easy peasy. Just time all your ferries/gas stops around that.
Back