Search results

1. fogged in

ICBC must be dismantled

I for one support ICBC Can't forget the ripoff back when private insurance companies ruled.
  2. fogged in

Finally allowed back out fishing after lockdown!

pm sent...nothing personal!
  3. fogged in

I do believe I know the member you speak of. This member is a VERY long time member who has contributed in MANY ways to this forum. Once a year he offers a popular opportunity to members. Your post will not doubt spur the end to this thread. Good work!
  4. fogged in

Can't understand why Admin has not acted on this. Admin says "Let's show him some good old fashioned Canadian hospitality." Lets show him some good old fashion Canadian common sense and dump this link
  5. fogged in

Aquaculture; improving????

Right now, one of the great wonders of nature, millions of recently-hatched baby pink, chum and sockeye salmon are beginning their outmigration into the Pacific Ocean, all the while feeding, growing and trying to survive. This great journey takes them from their home streams and rivers across...
  6. fogged in

PRV infected effluent is still pumping into Tofino Harbour After 3 years, governments continue to ignore calls to stand up for wild salmon.
  7. fogged in

“Heart and skeletal muscle inflammation (HSMI) is an emerging disease of marine-farmed Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar), first recognized in 1999 in Norway, and later also reported in Scotland and Chile.” “Highly contagious virus found in majority of Clayoquot Sound salmon farms: report” Not even...
  8. fogged in

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

We got two nice halibut in the 30 to 40 pound range yesterday off Constance. The south west side in 300’ of water. Both on herring. There were no boats on top of us, but at least 30 to the west and a couple to the east that we could see on a similar line. The really unusual thing is there are...
  9. fogged in

It seems to me that what is happening with Fish Farms worldwide is of interest to members of this Forum. If they are moving to land in one part of the world, or having serious escapements, Sea Lice or Virus outbreaks or making progress in preventing same it's worth hearing about. It's all...
  10. fogged in

Found crab trap

I found a nice Scotsman with over 200' of rope and a prawn trap on the end in deep water half way to Border Bank a few years ago. Phoned the USA number on the ball and the guy laughed and said it had been lost for nearly a year. Keep it.
  11. fogged in

Rock slide in Fraser River, B.C., may hinder salmon passage

Very impressive! Great to see such an overwhelming effort to solve this huge natural disaster. Hope it's successful!
  12. fogged in

Petition

Thanks...I can take it. Facts don't lie
  13. fogged in

Petition

Good luck with your petition. Certainly your right to protest and or sign petitions but 29 million Canadian's support the legislation.
  14. fogged in

factory bottom trawls wasting TONS of bycatch

Could this have any impact on the decline of halibut being caught by the Sport Fishery “Thousands of pounds of squashed and suffocated halibut” "Workplace abuse has led observers to under-report the adverse impacts of trawl fishing and resulted in an estimated 140 million pounds of wasted fish...
  15. fogged in

Petition

SPORT FISHING BC is the name of this forum. Anything connected to the Fishing industry is the norm. I don't think a petition regarding guns should be on SPORT FISHING BC. It's a highly emotional subject for a few and very political!! Just my opinion, sorry if offends some of you!
  16. fogged in

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Seeing mixed reports on halibut. The mud hole area was pretty good on Sunday. We got a couple and saw guys cleaning 20 pounds or so chickens at the Pedder Bay ramp when we came in. Ours were 20 and 40 pounds, at 330', 1 on herring and 1 on octopus one just before the change and one just after...
  17. fogged in

CCFR Supported Firearm Ownership Poll

Definition of "dumbed downs" Anyone who holds an opinion some might disagree with. eh as we say in Canada
  18. fogged in

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/read-the-full-list-of-military-style-guns-now-banned-in-canada
  19. fogged in

I can't think of one good reason why a member of the public should have or needs “military-style assault weapons.” This decision by our Government is both politically and morally right and will be supported by the majority of Canadians. Should have been done years ago!
  20. fogged in

All Things COVID-19

Please don't let this arrogant guy be you!!! Covid 19 is a worldwide pandemic and left uncontrolled we are all doomed both health and economy wise! Working together is the only intelligent solution!
Back