Search results

1. Stephen Kowalski

Aquaculture; improving????

I don't know, would it? As a devil's advocate, what if the sea lice issue is more natural in its cause and the finger pointing was misdirected? I don't have a dog in the fight, but remain really skeptical that this is the smoking gun. If you are right and we see returns that we saw decades...
  2. Stephen Kowalski

All, I really hope that if the FF's are removed that the same advocates to get rid of them are prepared to stand up for the results - I hope we see the fantastic returns that you all have been predicting. The video Birdsnest shows seems to really cast doubt on all of your finger pointing, but...
  3. Stephen Kowalski

Wow. So hard to believe that everyone won't embrace the science as presented. We live in an age of truthiness for sure - that which I believe is therefore true. Thanks Birdnest, you will be buried under a thousand spam responses shortly!
  4. Stephen Kowalski

I actually agree with you FI. I think Admins might have felt East Coast Economics playing into salmon farms wasn't on topic. AA and I started debating Muskrat Falls (admins may have been right on that) but it was more in the context of how the economics are influencing decisions on East Coast...
  5. Stephen Kowalski

Ok, I understand they are not that pretty, but what was the exact point being made? Maybe been away to long is this somehow linked to bc ff's?
  6. Stephen Kowalski

Not sure why, but my take is election fluff is always up for re interpretation. The Liberals said anything they could to get reelected, and, we got what we wanted. Btw, thenarwhal is about as unbiased as seawest. The article is full of innuendo and factually incorrect assertions.
  7. Stephen Kowalski

From the article: " Salmon farming is a booming industry worldwide but it has actually declined in Ireland over the past decade because of a staggering level of official incompetence and scaremongering by small groups of activists who have managed to tarnish the industry’s image with wildly...
  8. Stephen Kowalski

There is a big push to encourage more aquaculture. Many government and industry individuals have been feeling duped by the aggressive regulations that essentially lead to the curtailing and shutting down the industry. It didn't solve their problems but cost them a lot of coastal jobs that were...
  9. Stephen Kowalski

What ever happened to the Irish salmon farming industry? https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/what-ever-happened-to-the-irish-salmon-farming-industry-1.4123596
  10. Stephen Kowalski

trudeau-liberals-will-have-to-live-with-being-in-breach-of-a-un-declaration-they-should-never-have-a

Yep - no site C, no pipelines, no lng, no forestry, no salmon farms and probably no salmon fishing....Let me know when the UN will give us permission to go to the bathroom. Idiot child Trudeau has transferred our sovereignty to other nations. We are screwed...
  11. Stephen Kowalski

I am actually lost on this debate. We have a post on the origin PRV in which the post contradicts the poster. Is the post incorrect? Are we now saying that it is conclusive proof that the findings in the scientific document are wrong? My head is spinning. Feels much like the claim that the...
  12. Stephen Kowalski

Wow - did AA even read it? Now others are going to berate the pro-FF group for saying the science posted by AA suggests that PRV could have equally originated in the Pacific and is the cause of PRV in Atlantic salmon. This, is simply guilt by accusation. Not balanced and not scientific. For...
  13. Stephen Kowalski

Your posts are so judgemental. I don't work for FF's but I think the FF posters are strong believers in science and in helping the people of BC (especially the First Nations). It appears to me that many of the anti-FF posters have an adgenda that is likely financed and paid for by ENGO's. So...
  14. Stephen Kowalski

You know, I keep thinking of Hamlet - "Me thinks though doth protest too much". I love how the anti-FF crowd talks about "half truths", "deflections", "lies" etc.... This is fake news folks. The science people on this forum acknowledge the truths, even when it doesn't support their position...
  15. Stephen Kowalski

As one of the FF accused, what do you believe is propaganda? When the anti- Ff groups decided that farmed salmon contained toxins that didn't exist, was that propaganda? When one poster will state it is fact that 90% of a salmon run died because of salmon farms (no evidence) is that...
  16. Stephen Kowalski

Oh please. Let's do it all over again....
  17. Stephen Kowalski

Pure propaganda. Look at more recent studies. No need to rehash from 15 years ago. If you are interested in more recent studies happy to post the links...
  18. Stephen Kowalski

indigenous-meeting-declares-salmon-emergency

It is so great that you and everyone know... Thank-you so much for helping me think clearer.
  19. Stephen Kowalski

indigenous-meeting-declares-salmon-emergency

This has nothing to do with the thread. As our friend would say...
  20. Stephen Kowalski

Good for you. I have tried it and all sorts of other farmed fish as well (even the open net ones but shhh!). They taste fine - are clean of toxins (dont tell Dr. Susukistein...) and are a source of healthy sustainable protein. Had a discussion with an executive at Trout's Unlimited today -...
Back