Search results

1. Roast

Sturgeon

Anyone been out lately? Ive been out a couple times in the last couple months. Couple bites a day(only a couple hours with lines in the water) on eulachon.
  2. Roast

Favourite Fishing Accommodations for WCVI?

I didn't actually but I have since! I heard about the kayak derby a couple years ago and i can finally make time to get to it this year. Maybe I'll see you there
  3. Roast

Favourite Fishing Accommodations for WCVI?

Anyone stayed at Moutcha Bay? Or taken part in the kayak salmon fishing derby they host? I'm planning on that this year.
  4. Roast

Herring sale back on..JAN 25 FHKWC

I didn't grow up with them but I love them!
  5. Roast

Sturgeon

I agree there are multiple problems with this fishery as there is with all of them. However, you can't honestly say that shutting down the fishery to relieve stress on the fish during the spawn isn't going to help. Should there be a guide limit? YES Should they eliminate the ridiculous nets...
  6. Roast

Sturgeon

Having grown up in ontario with many closures around the times fish spawn I've been shocked that we haven't had that already for Sturgeon. I totally support eliminating the pressure on the fish completely during their spawn. I would love to hear an argument against it.
  7. Roast

New Little Tinny

Great boat, Great name! I`m sure the tight lines will come.
  8. Roast

DFO finally does something about poachers.

The 30' Cutwaters have plenty of room on the deck to fish. That model is worth about $330 000 new.
  9. Roast

Alone season 6...

I was definitely happy to see him win but big props to Woniya too, she did awesome and built the best shelter in my opinion.
  10. Roast

Nootka adventures-Moutcha Bay kayak derby

It's too late for me to get there this year but I'm going to try hard for next year for sure. Anyone here ever enter the kayak fishing derby at Moutcha Bay?
  11. Roast

Alone season 6...

I thought she might finally be sorting her stuff out but no doubt she is a knowledgeable and tough woman, just a bit accident prone!
  12. Roast

A 'salmon cannon' that shoots fish over a dam

Awesome. Time to build a couple of them at the slide if they aren't going to demo it!
  13. Roast

I'd be in for financial support but unfortunately cannot provide the correct basis for a lawsuit. Who knows a lawyer that fishes and wants to become a legend?!
  14. Roast

Slot limit announced....

Has anything else improved things? All we can do is vote these butt clowns out now.
  15. Roast

New Little Tinny

I'm turning green with boat envy here!
  16. Roast

An Open Letter to Jonathan Wilkinson from the SPORT FISHING INSTITUTE

Well written letter. Here's to hoping for a response!
  17. Roast

Fisheries Minister Jonathan Wilkinson on CKNW defends South Coast Chinook Closure

Jonathan.Wilkinson@parl.gc.ca Here you go everyone, I sent mine.
  18. Roast

Fisheries Minister Jonathan Wilkinson on CKNW defends South Coast Chinook Closure

Not only do the lies that the minster is neck deep in need to be made available for all members of the public to hear but so do the threats that the FN made/makes. I'm so sick and tired of being told how all FN are champions of conservation and that we "new comers" are the problem. We need to...
  19. Roast

DFO Warplane

There's a transport Dash that flies low out there all the time.
  20. Roast

DFO Warplane

15-20 crew members to operate this aircraft is ridiculous. It's a 2 crew plane, how many people and doing what are there in the back? How about 15-20 more enforcement officers on the water or at the marinas. I'd love to see exactly what data they are collecting.
Back