Search results

1. Slabby20

Strategy for the Northern and Southern Resident Killer Whales

Just saw this in the Northwest Sportsman: The "Washington Southern Killer Whale Task Force" has voted to recommend significantly increasing Chinook abundance from hatcheries in Puget Sound and The Columbia River to help out starving Orcas...
  2. Slabby20

Port Alberni Salmon fest results

Here are the final results: http://www.salmonfestival.ca/dailywinners.html http://www.salmonfestival.ca/hiddenweights.html
  3. Slabby20

Trophy XL QR Problem Question

You were right Trophy. Missing washer. Not sure when or how but sure enough missing. I replaced it today and good to go now. Thanks.
  4. Slabby20

Thanks for your reply's I have two of the XL QR's. They are the original design, the ones with the small handles that would come off. I did Wolf's conversion on the handles to the larger paddle handles and have had absolutely no problems with either of the reels until this now. The one reel...
  5. Slabby20

I had an issue with one of my Trophy XL QR's last week and was wondering if anyone has had the same thing happen or knows how to fix the problem. While just reeing in my gear when my buddy hooked a fish the reel just locked up and wouldn't turn. I found that the drag knob had self tightened so...
  6. Slabby20

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

What patterns / color have worked best for you at WCVI?
  7. Slabby20

2017 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

Are the Pyrosomes still around thick?
  8. Slabby20

Plugs

X2, the 602 is a go to any time of the year.
  9. Slabby20

Light Jensen Flash Fly's

The Everglo Ghost was the go to a couple years ago in August at Ukee.
  10. Slabby20

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Does anyone have any idea whether those pink pyrosomes will stick around all summer or whether they will "migrate" away?
  11. Slabby20

Cleaning gear.

We just fill up a bucket with a lid in the morning with fresh water and put some Lemon Joy in it. As we change out gear we throw it in the bucket. Usually, at the end of the day it just takes a quick rinse with fresh water and you're done. Works great for us.
  12. Slabby20

Owner No Escape hooks

Yup, I agree. They look a lot like the Matzuo Octopus hooks but likely much better quality since they are Owners...
  13. Slabby20

25 bertram restoration

Gorgeous
  14. Slabby20

Trollmaster Pro Remote Throttle Only

I've used a TrollMaster for years. Works great. You'll love it. I have replaced the Servo a couple times. I just buy them through Ebay and keep a spare on the boat at all times. Super easy to change it out if it ever fails.
  15. Slabby20

Smoked Salmon

Oh yeah, should be just fine.
  16. Slabby20

I troll or troll master

Had TrollMaster for years. Loved it. Mine was an older model too so I'm sure they are even better now.
  17. Slabby20

2016 bait found in fish

The 4.0 Maverick and the 3.0 white Silver Horde spoons were by far our best spoons last week.
  18. Slabby20

2016 bait found in fish

A charter captain in Ukee told us they are Sea Perch and that there has been a huge bloom of them on the WCVI.
  19. Slabby20

2016 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Fishing Reports

Guide in Ukee told me they were Sea Perch and that there's been a huge bloom of them this year.
Back