Search results

1. fishin_magician

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

It's here. 2024. New Year's 2024 Resolution: Fish more. Use new tackle. Use old tackle. Rediscover the fishing fever. Post your 2024 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports, Fishing Resolutions and more here!
  2. fishin_magician

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Welcome to 2023! Reports and Vancouver Fishing BS for all!
  3. fishin_magician

Islander MR 3's.

Not mine. Posting for my neighbour at the marina. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/spo/d/vancouver-islander-mr-3-mooching-reel/6940084712.html
  4. fishin_magician

So what is everyone else doing this summer?

Well. Game Over. What is everyone doing all summer until a decent Chinook can be legally retained? I’m going to Car Shows, Cruise Ins, Road Trips and Concerts since I won’t be getting up at the crack of O dark thirty to be first on the water... #WTF
  5. fishin_magician

Saltwater Fishing Gear Cheap Stuff

Selling boxes of cheapo fishing gear. Too much schtuff. Daiwa M1 Plus. Gold Colour. New in Box. $80. Shimano 4000 GT Mooching Reels. Used 1 season. Need new line. $55 each. New Drag Washers. Paddle Style Handles. Excellent Value for the $. Shimano Convergence. New. 10'0". Trigger rod...
  6. fishin_magician

Thieves back out of jail

some local thieves have been let out of the clink and are at large again I have been told......it won’t be long before they are ripping people off again I’m sure. Be extra vigilant.... http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/marine-crime-spree-leads-to-arrest-of-2-men-1.3422435
  7. fishin_magician

Saltwater Salmon Fishing..the expensive sport....help people out

Recently I came across a fisher who was legitimately wide eyed at the cost of salmon fishing...boat, gear, operating expenses, insurances, safety, maintenance, you name it. He has a young wife who is employed as he is and he has 1 child...a 5 year old who's really liking the whole fishing thing...
  8. fishin_magician

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Well, when I first started the Vancouver-Howe Sound Sechelt Reports Thread more than 10 years ago on SFBC there was no real thread about local fishing in the Vancouver area. It was a disjoint dysfunctional board. It's definitely still something like that sometimes with in-fighting and Jerry...
  9. fishin_magician

Grady White Seafarer 226.

Not mine but I spotted this and that’s a bargain I thought I would pass along. I have seen this boat in person while hauling out and it’s in excellent condition. There is like $33k in new power on the back! Great deal...
  10. fishin_magician

Vancouver Trap Theft/Raid Insantity 2017 Thread.

Well this is insane. For as long as I have been crab and prawn fishing Vancouver...Trap theft/raiding by poachers has been an issue. from speaking with friends, guides and people I know the last 4 months have been ridiculous. It has never been THIS bad. I talked to someone who was raided...
  11. fishin_magician

$4 per pound King? .. Getting trolled? WTF?

Craigslist ad....hmmmmm....
  12. fishin_magician

WTB: Shimano 10' 6" MH moochers

Looking for 10'6" MH Shimano convergence Mooching Rods. 1st Generation. These have the traditional long fore grip and are the Power Moochers. These have the brown blanks, not the Grey (2nd gen) or Black (3rd Generation). These rods are anywhere from 15-20 years old now.
  13. fishin_magician

Door to Door Seafood Sales

This guy was going door to door selling boxed vacuum packed salmon and all kinds of other seafood today in my neighbourhood in Vancouver. He was driving a white truck. Primetime Food Services. The prices are ridiculous... he was selling at 100% or more over boat direct prices and the quality...
  14. fishin_magician

2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Here it is folks, the 2017 Thread. Post your area fishing dreams, reports, questions and anecdotes here! So far after a season to forget the winter fishery this season has been fantastic with some amazing days on the chuck so far. Local guides have been doing very well with the usual gear...
  15. fishin_magician

Watch out...

Was just perusing Vancouver Craigslist and saw a boat for sale which has previously been discussed and listed for sale on Sportfishing BC. It sold in late spring early summer 2016. It has had some "lipstick" applied to it and is now listed for sale at a BIG markup and the ad is full of lies and...
  16. fishin_magician

Our other hobbies...

Well...there was a reply on another board about other hobbies which keep us busy when rods are not in the water. It sounds like a great idea for a thread so I thought I would start a thread up! Canso has a Canso he got when he was in high school...and he still has it! As for me... Other...
  17. fishin_magician

WTB Shimano Convergence 1st Gen 10.5 ft. Heavy

Long story but looking for 1st generation Convergence Medium or Heavy Power Moochers. 10 feet 6 inches. These are the brownish coloured ones and are now at least 16-18 years old. The current generation is 3rd generation... They retailed for $99.99 back in the day. lower mainland area...
  18. fishin_magician

Shimano 4000GT old style

A few Shimano 4000 GT reels for sale. good shape. $50-70 each. 100% ready to fish. some need new line. Vancouver. Kitislano. Great value for the money.
  19. fishin_magician

Saltwater Guides In the Lower Mainland?

Any saltwater guides in the lower mainland looking to stay in town this summer and still get on the water? SVOP, MEDA-3, Marine First Aid, ROC-MC, PCOC required. CTAG an asset. If interested, please send me a message and I'll pass on the info to the right individual.
  20. fishin_magician

Lures, Tackle and Stuff we used to rave on about...

All the things we used to fish with... In recent years it seems the items we use when fishing have changed and fishing reports recommending what tackle we use and are most successful on have changed as well. I recall Herring Strip was a staple then anchovies really took over and strip bit...
Back