Search results

1. S

DFO Fishing Activity Reporting

$780! I better tow the line. DFO’s IT department has probably matched my ip address to this site and when I bought my license online. But seriously, this is something that should asked to participate on a voluntary basis and not mandated. I for one do not wish to share how my leisure time is...
  2. S

DFO Fishing Activity Reporting

Any consequences for not reporting to DFO when a license has been selected? Even fewer fishing opportunities?, can’t apply next year? Whisked away in the middle of the night never to be seen again? I’m asking for a friend.
  3. S

2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Two hatch cohos and a beauty 72cm chinook off Tribune. Fish blood comes off the new Kiwigrip deck paint easily enough.
  4. S

Morton Calls For DFO Heads to Roll

Sadly all these Senior DFO will never be held accountable and will carry on cashing in their fat pensions probably in a house overlooking the ocean empty of fishing boats for a long time to come. Who knows what kind of kickbacks they got from Norway. These untouchables need to be stopped somehow...
  5. S

WTB 4 to 6 HP four stroke short shaft

Did you find a motor? I have returned from my weekend get away and can meet any evening this week.
  6. S

It’s 15 inch 4 stroke
  7. S

I have a Nissan (Tohatsu) 4 with a 6 hp carburetor with tank and hose. Not sure of the year as I bought it used from my marina neighbour. Sold the boat it was being used with so no longer needed. Looking for $550 I’m going to advertise it next week but you are welcome to check it out as it...
  8. S

scotty HP downriggers

Counter failed second time using (new style). I may look at converting to mechanical counters if they fail again. Not a fun thing to happen when riggers are brand new and no spares and miles from town. Other than that they work great.
  9. S

Surveyor in Vancouver

That David Wood fellow seems like he has a good business plan. I like the different rates for different services. I’ll give him a shout when the time comes. Thanks.
  10. S

Surveyor in Vancouver

Hello all. I’m looking for a recommendation for a surveyor for a Campion 165 for insurance purpose. The place I called that is a few blocks away from where I keep the boat quoted $785. That works out to over $50 a foot after tax and about the same price to survey my 40 foot sailboat. Is it...
  11. S

Spot to build Boat

I’m looking for a place to build a fibreglass dodger for my boat this winter in the Vancouver area myself.
  12. S

radar repair

Could be an easy fix. What brand and model is it? A few years back I fixed my Furono for $.41 as a diode had failed. Schematics were available online. Scanner had stopped turning and it was part of the motor control circuit. Got me through Johnstone strait last year in the fog just fine.
  13. S

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I gave the same model boat away with a steel trailer for free last year. It needed work but was solid with no engine. If I would have known I could have got $8k (lol) for it this year in this crazy market. It might be a good time to open a fibreglass repair shop to fix transoms and stringers...
  14. S

WTB Scotty digital line counter

One of the counters in our two brand new 2106 died in Campbell river and Tyee had just sold the last ones that day. Let’s just say it was very disappointing to be fishing blind on one side while on holidays and I kick myself for not bringing one of my old manuals. I tried going down slow and...
  15. S

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

We caught a 60cm hatchery coho in 300 feet at 65 with chovy in front of Tribune at low slack just before the wind kicked up.
  16. S

Amundson Service

I just purchased on of their older models from a local tackle shop which was rigged for LH retrieve. I discovered that my reel was missing the part to turn it to RH retrieve. I called their office in Delta and explained the issue. Not only did they offered to get me the part I needed, they...
  17. S

FishingBC app problem?

I have a problem with it too. It keeps telling me I can’t fish for Chinook close to home. I re-booted the phone, did the update checked everything. Still no go.
  18. S

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

DFO should be at Milltown when Deepsniper etc.. come back with all the black garbage bags full of fish. Never see any of those guys using the cleaning table either....
  19. S

Rockfish Descender

Thanks for all the info and although I will probably get the seaqualizer in the future I will make one out of a spare spreader bar as shown. Both the Campion and the big boat have been money hungry this year and the $100 that the seaqualizer costs is going to go for fuel for now. We’re heading...
  20. S

Orca takes salmon. Seals are jealous.

Wow! Almost worth losing a nice fish just for the experience.
Back