Search results

1. Dan The Man

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Got back monday night. Beano was the place to be . especially after 5pm. Had at least 8 to the boat every night. Didnt bother waking up early and the best thing was no one was around had the whole place to myself. White hootchie UV flasher took home all the fish. Make sure you are on the bottom...
  2. Dan The Man

All my fish came out of beano. Heard of some fish out of Wash
  3. Dan The Man

Fished jack and jill out of critter . winner was 25 lb. got one 23 1/2.. that is fishing!! I would say it wasn't hot fishing . Hit or miss . Did hit an amazing 5pm bite at beano . 8 fish in hr. anchovies and skinny G.
  4. Dan The Man

Jack and Jill is my 1st out of 4 trips.
  5. Dan The Man

Mono Leaders Vs Florocarbon Leaders

I have been using superstar mono for the last 7 yrs. unreal product also made in japan!! PNT carries them.
  6. Dan The Man

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fishing is HOT right now in Nootka. Spent the weekend there with 4 guys. limit on springs , nothing over 20lbs. Lighthouse to Wash was very good. Bait , skinny G and flash fly got all our springs.
  7. Dan The Man

Why are jigs so expensive - ideas on saving money?

PNT sells just the heads now.
  8. Dan The Man

Diesel heater installation in a Grady white 232, (looking for mounting location options/ideas)

I have one installed in my grady 232 . pulling it up this weekend and will take some pictures. i have one vent going in the cabin , one at the windshield and one right by the captains chair. Mine was installed by them, he said it was a huge pain in butt..
  9. Dan The Man

2021 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fishing Is HOT in nootka right now . Like everyone said camel was the spot to be . Skinny G was the hot ticket this weekend. Go get them!!!
  10. Dan The Man

What's your MPG?

2004 gulfstream , brand new twin 200 4 stoke Yamaha's . fully loaded with 180 galleon fuel , and 4 big cooler with ice. i am thinking about 8500 lbs + , burning about 13.5 GPH cruising at 4100 Rpm doing 30 MPH.
  11. Dan The Man

Just got back from critter, Brought home 14 springs and a mix of coho and bottom fish for our group. All fish came from the reef, didn't even bother to fish the inside. Red can . 135 ft deep right on the bottom with spoons or bait. Got into alot of feeder springs out there which was strange but...
  12. Dan The Man

Fished july 8-11. Didn't even bother fishing nootka side and made the run to esperanza. Fished ferrer both days . Fishing was fairly decent , brought home 12. biggest was around 18lbs lost just as many. Never fished that area but once we figured it out game on. UV hoochies got all the fish. Im...
  13. Dan The Man

Same results . Friday was SUPER windy tough to fish but Saturday it was flat clam and fishing was on. Medium size herring and anchovies seemed to be ticket. 4'' spoons on the bottom. Most places are LOADED with bait. Make sure you have all your safety equipment on board , RCMP checking everyone.
  14. Dan The Man

Boats loaded .. leaving in the AM . Ill be on ch 6 handle "Roxley"
  15. Dan The Man

Will be up for the JJ at critter next week . pumped!
  16. Dan The Man

Trailer Maintenance

Allied threaded.
Back