Search results

1. EPS

Leader length for spoons

For us we like knowing when the line gets fouled. The moment a piece of weed or gunk hangs on the rod line (not the rigger line) the pump action stops. easier to keep your gear fishing instead of dragging a weed for 30 min.
  2. EPS

Leader length for spoons

It gets the full action, we had to play with the lengths in front and behind a bit to get it right for us, as well as the tension on the rods. high quality swivels and snaps so you can swap your colors out easily.
  3. EPS

Leader length for spoons

Forgot to add, we use the pro troll II release with the pin that snaps in. The regular squeeze style will pop at deeper depths. I've ran this as deep as 220' I have different color release clips pre-set for different depths.
  4. EPS

Leader length for spoons

Okay, I'm going to throw an alternative idea out there that we use almost exclusively and effectively. A couple of the guide boats noticed early July when we were in Nootka. Our flashers are connected directly to our downriggers with a 6' length of 100# mono. Then off the backside of the flasher...
  5. EPS

2019 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

treble is fine as long as barbless, bait was all tiny. coho killers and 3.5 spoons were the ticket.
  6. EPS

We just finally made it back from a long week at Critter Cove. Our first trip to BC and it didn't disappoint! We fished wash rock and lighthouse the first day, released a ton of smalls, landed some decent nooks and finally got fed up with the salad in the water and fished around the corner to...
  7. EPS

Also thanks for the report, We leave on our long drive north on Sunday for a week at Critter Cove! First time going EXCITED!!!!!!
  8. EPS

I saw on critter coves website the J & J winner was a #33 and second a #29 :)
  9. EPS

navionics plus vs platinum

For us to get the satellite overlay for weather (and sea surface temp) we had to add the sonic hub and sirus antenna for it (along with a monthly subscription). Ours is the HDS gen 3, antenna connected to sonic hub, sonic hub to the head unit.
  10. EPS

So what is everyone else doing this summer?

The " couple day a week" thing is a PITA. Here in Oregon our spring halibut season is thurs-sat every other week 4 times or until quota is met. The problem is mother nature. The weather wasn't told the days we can fish so we end up with some idiots doing the deadliest catch every year.
  11. EPS

So what is everyone else doing this summer?

Wouldn't bother me/us a bit. We are all fisherman. The crazy reg changes down here along with a whacked out halibut season is what prompted us to trailer up there this summer. 2nd of July we'll be checking in to Critter cove and filling 4 rooms (3 boats) yes we come to catch and KEEP salmon, so...
  12. EPS

The Official No Fishing Vent Thread

Thanks for the clarifications, just learning a new area and the regulations is sometimes daunting and sad to say your regs now look like ours down here with all the zones, quotas, dates for open and closures. Coordination with us may not be as good of an idea as you think. I was joking the...
  13. EPS

Being from down south, It's not my place to comment on another country's political situation even as it will affect my vacation plans. However, from all I've read about the fishery up there (this will be my first year going) is it factual that fin clipped chinook are from the hatcheries down...
  14. EPS

Sad start to what we were planning as the first of an annual trip for our group (4 boats) 75 days left till our reservations at critter cove. We'll make do but being totally new to the area we were relying on the offshore fishery. Will there be an official waypoint "do not cross" line because...
  15. EPS

Call to Action – Help Save BC’s Public Fishery

Down here in southern Oregon out bottom fish and ling were absolutely wiped out during the 2 year closure we had. Sad part is those are long living fish and will take a couple generations to recover.
  16. EPS

Shimano Moocher Plus 3000GT

The 4000 has the screws holding the top "seal" plate
  17. EPS

How Do You Get through The Tough Times On The Water?

Southerner here, things can change from bad to worse to great in a flash, You just need to keep fishing. Last year we were launching the boat for our first opener for halibut for the year (crazy every other weekend rules) and after just finishing the winter service on the motor. Turns out the...
  18. EPS

Regardless of A or B it will be an adventure for us. We are pretty adept at finding fish regardless. What would remain to be seen will be if we make it a yearly trip or end up dragging the boats to a different location till the fishing returns. (think southern and tropical lol) I can say from...
  19. EPS

Hi all, new here and also new to the BC fishing scene. I've been following along trying to glean as much information as possible for our first venture up there. We are bringing 3 boats/crews to Critter Cove for the first week of July and right now have our fingers crossed the seasons stay the...
Back