Search results

1. M

Lake Cowichan Report?

It stinks! No fish in that pond....
  2. M

Cowichan River Chinook

It's still a big win for the community. My buddy lives on the lake year round and the people that were fighting for beach front are the ones who only like to whip around in ski boats for two months of the year at their weekend houses. Fortunately there are enough permanent residents that know...
  3. M

Fishing Pliers what do you use?

I've got a pair of regular 12" 15 degree offset pliers from Princess Auto for hook release ($12 I think). Also a pair of Klein side cutters ($40) with the tips ground down ( blew one side up cutting a live wire) for cutting everything. Neither are stainless. I don't store them, they sit out in...
  4. M

Catch of the Day

Nice work! Was it's stomach full of 10" rainbows?:p
  5. M

2013 Tuna adventures

When i was a kid I'd visit Bamfield every summer in August from about '87-93' and I remember fresh tuna from quite a few of those trips. Never got t go out on the tuna missions but still some of the best years I remember as a kid. Mud golf anyone?
  6. M

Beach Seining For Bait? Whaddya Think?

There's some beaches that just boil in late August evenings where I live. I'm usually enjoying fish on the portable BBQ while watching it though. Never thought about fishing for bait.... Seems like adding a whole lot of work to a nice summers eve though.
  7. M

Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

That's too bad dan. Got into to two nice hatch ho's way off Obrien in the fog. They're getting nice in size now one had a bit of a beak on it. Got a whitey for the BBQ around secretary as well. We dragged up either a steelhead or sea run cutty near posession too. Never caught either and don't...
  8. M

Red vs White spring

I like both, but the oily fatty goodness of the whites right out of the water are the best. I'd be happy with either tomorrow though!:cool:
  9. M

Did Beechy to Obrien and back with my buddy and his 4 year old boy. Didn't see much going on but managed to sniff out some ho's and let the boy play his first salmon. They are getting nice in size for sure! That darn wild fish rule. Managed 4 safe releases without the net but left one floater...
  10. M

Beauty day on the water this morning! Got the wife and kids out fishing and she got her first ever salmon to the boat as well as netting one for me! Now I'll never be threatened about selling the boat ever again.lol.... She missed the first two pinks but did a solid on the next strike. Sadly...
  11. M

Comox Lake

Camping on the lake and bringing the boat up for some early morning trawling and afternoon tubing from the 7-11th. I know this time of year isn't the best for trout but I'm going to start with my Cowichan method (dragging 3-4" Tomics). Any insight on some areas or other methods that may have...
  12. M

First night bite of the year. A little nervous with the 15 knt wind report but it was a steady breeze with no gust and turned out to be beauty. Unfortunately the lack of boats at the head and trap seemed to add up to the fact we only managed a couple pinks. One on bait and one on a spoon and...
  13. M

Got out early enough to have the gear down at the shack for first light but should have stayed in bed another hour what with the breeze and fog. Didn't check for the compass last night, forgot it and didn't feel like navigating that wall of fog blind. No spring action for us but the wall of Coho...
  14. M

Sockeye/Port Alberni

Saw a bunch of gills heading up JDF straight this morning.... Hopefully we get some action this year.
  15. M

SFBC Braggarts Fishing Derby

Giddy up! Good Luck everyone!
  16. M

I was at Pedder the weekend before last and they said they're going to work it out the best they can. There was about 20 empty slips in what appeared to be the transient area when I launched my boat today for the weekend. I imagine there'll be a bit of boat jockey going on but it shouldn't be...
  17. M

Was out there Saturday and can't skip for the festival but bought a few raffle passes in case I get skunked like this last weekend!
  18. M

Bamfield/Poett Nook 2013 Reports

The Cowichan road was just graded all the way through flora main. A couple rough patches in there but very short. That was for May long though it's rained a fair bit.
  19. M

20 pound cannonballs

Not pretty much..... If the load increases and the volts stay the same the only give is the current. That's about all the input I've got on this one as I'm still working on the electric rigger budget so there's no chance I'm gonna try hand cranking 20's....lol
  20. M

Tix bought on Friday! Nice list and thanks to all the leg work to all involved in getting that prize list looking so good!
Back