Search results

1. dak

2017 Tuna Adventures

Leaving Sunday :(
  2. dak

2017 Tuna Adventures

Anyone heading out on Saturday? Weather is looking good and I've got a new crew that is eager to give it a shot.
  3. dak

2016 Tuna Adventures

I will be staying in Julias Pass from Thursday to Monday and have a couple of new guys I plan on passing the bug on to. Will be keeping an eye on the weather for Saturday.
  4. dak

2016 Tuna Adventures

Nice work Sculpin, enjoyed the pics.
  5. dak

2016 Tuna Adventures

Thanks for the reports guys. Looks like it's shaping up to be a good year for the toooners! Can't wait to get out there.
  6. dak

2015 Tuna Adventures

duplicate post, sry
  7. dak

2015 Tuna Adventures

Looks like you learned what works! Congrats, sounds like an epic day.
  8. dak

2015 Tuna Adventures

Would be great to see someone hook up and land a larger Bluefin. From my reading, it seems that the larger Bluefin (50-150lb) are typically caught on larger lures at slower speeds(3-5kts) and often down deeper. Thinking about running one rod with heavier line down deeper during the derby. Not...
  9. dak

2015 Tuna Adventures

Sent you a PM Quinn. Anyone else planning on going out Saturday? Never hurts to have a few boats out there to find the fish (and for safety).
  10. dak

2015 Tuna Adventures

Now that's a fishing report, thanks Sculpin! I am headed to Bamfield Thursday afternoon and though the weather looks grim, it does look like their may be a tuna window on Saturday. Will be monitoring the wind and water temps over the next few days. If there are other boats considering a...
  11. dak

What causes this? Warped reel.

Mono, as you know, is very elastic. Numerous wraps with tension on the line generates enormous compression forces on the reel. Backing, as stated, will help. I use braid on all my reels and top it with 30 feet of mono. Give you better feel when fighting a fish and eliminates much of the...
  12. dak

2015 Tuna Adventures

Just dreaming about it Why Knot. The reports are killin me. Will be out with a crew on the 20th.
  13. dak

2015 Tuna Adventures

Last year someone posted a contact for purchasing swim baits (Big Hammer I think). after searching the forums, I am unable to find the thread. I know you can buy these at numerous places online but if there is a vendor who is involved with the WCVI tuna activities, I would like to support them...
  14. dak

The 2014 Bamfield Tuna Shootout!

Hey Kelly, Can you post the electronic copy? If not, please email me one as well. Thanks,
  15. dak

No way you looked at all those photos yet.... lol. Go ahead and use the photos. The photographers were: Chris Wright, Craig Gallant, Michael Hand and John Taylor. If you specify which photos, I can figure out who was responsible.
  16. dak

The good the bad and the ugly, a collection of hundreds of photos and videos from my crew. I had a couple of talented photographers on board with good cameras and at times I felt like I was running a crew from national geographic. The results are amazing (the crap photos are the ones I took)...
  17. dak

bucktail fly

Last year we had just limited on Hali's about 7 miles off Beale and we had fired the bbq up to enjoy smokies and sunshine. One of my crew had his fly rod along and wanted to try it so we started a slow troll back to Bamfield. The bucktail had not been in the water a minute when it was hammered...
  18. dak

Wow, what an event, 7 days on the water averaging about 180 miles/day. It will take a while to recover but will definitely do it again next year. Great to see all my old friends and meet a bunch of new ones. Thanks to the BCTough Crew for another spectacle! I know how much work an event like...
  19. dak

2014 Tuna Adventures

Forecast shows 1.4m seas at 20s for Fri/Sat at the Barkley Canyon, 26C and Sunny......hope it holds.
  20. dak

2014 Tuna Adventures

Sent you cell phone and sat phone information.
Back