Search results

1. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

Wonder why you didn't get any Crabs today ...we caught a poachers.

Please follow up with DFO and inform them you are willing to be a witness in court and provide evidence to support the offence if necessary so the individual is actually fined. If you are not willing to be a witness and provide evidence DFO will not issue a fine. A quick look at the...
  2. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished HITW yesterday released 1 undersize...caught on herring aide spoon with black moonjelly flasher...90 feet on downrigger
  3. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

Small Vessel Operator Proficiency Training Course

My dives on our coast have been with a 7mm wetsuit chasing crabs usually...lots of fun and reminds me of when I grew up diving for lobster on the east coast of Florida...haven’t tried spearfishing here but use to spearfish all the time in Florida...my diving partner and I talked about trying to...
  4. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

Agree and planned on having someone properly prepared/supervising my practice drill...There is not much difference in our local water temperatures from summer to winter. Average winter water temperature is 7 degrees and average summer water temperature is 10.4 degrees...I have done lots of...
  5. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

Thank you for this great response and food for thought...I have been fishing our local waters in my small boat for the past year and have always wondered what would happen if my boat were to take on water or capsize...I always wear my life jacket and always make my friends/family wear...
  6. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

Thanks for the information...I am wanting to complete all the courses you mentioned so I can eventually become a fishing guide from my boat or someone else’s.
  7. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

Has anyone recently completed the SVOP course in the lower mainland? If so, may you please recommend which company you went with and where they are located. Any other helpful information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  8. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished from pt atkinson to pink apartments yesterday till the wind picked up from 7:30am to 11:30am...caught 3 pinks, 1 hatchery coho, and 1 undersize king pinks were all on small pink hootchies paired with 8 inch flashers...90ft and 150 ft water depth is where the action seemed to be...pinks...
  9. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

Thx for the feedback I’ll try the shallower depth next time I’m out
  10. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

fished HITW from 2pm-8pm and not one hit...water looked like crap...fished spoons 90-120ft...no bait and no fish marked on sonar...Ended day getting checked by DFO boat...all to show for the days effort was 19 prawns
  11. LuckyIfYouCatchOne

Keeping Fish frozen during transport

Aqua pak styrofoam fish box works great...use to fish in Alaska years ago and had to transport fish back to the east coast of United States...a couple of times luggage was lost in transit for two days. Fish was still frozen when I received When I moved to BC my grandfather started visiting...
Back