Search results

1. S

Malibu 185 Pod Project

3 blade prop. I can put mine all the way down if I put the jack on the lowest position. Trailer is probably higher than yours is. Yes tabs are hydraulic. Been on for 9 years now with 0 problems.
  2. S

Malibu 185 Pod Project

I think my tabs are the Bennett m80 if I remember right. Work awesome and fit fine with the pod. Maybe my pod looks different because I didn't want powder coating and it might just look different?
  3. S

Malibu 185 Pod Project

I don't have my batteries in the boat right now so can't tilt all the way down. Excuse the dirty boat I haven't cleaned it up yet. I actually think my motor is mounted a bit low as my cavitation plate is under water on plane. What's the issue with mounting tabs on your boat?
  4. S

Malibu 185 Pod Project

Yes 25" leg. My wot rpm was around 5500 if I remember right. I thought about dropping to an 18p to get more rpm as i think i was a bit low at wot. My motor doesn't seem like it has to work very hard so i wasn't worried about it. I do have tabs on my boat which I think are a must on these boats...
  5. S

Malibu 185 Pod Project

I think something is off. I have the same boat with the same pod. Only difference is I have a yamaha 150 with a 19p Solas 3 blade ss prop. I cruise at 3800rpm doing roughly 28mph depending on load and sea conditions. I top out at 47mph but have only had it at that speed a couple times (too fast...
  6. S

Podding

175 is overkill. The 150 pushes the boat close to 50mph and is barely working at cruising speed. I cruise at 3400-3600 rpm doing 28-30mph with a light load and up to 4000 rpm to get the same speed with a heavy load. I wouldn't pay extra for the 175 myself
  7. S

Podding

I still have my Malibu that I podded. I would recommend following the bottom of the hull and avoid stepping the pod up. Everyone I know that went with the stepped pod had trouble getting the bow down and porpoise issues. My 150 Yamaha is a lot of power for the boat and I would recommend going...
  8. S

Cleaning boat hull

Had access to a boat shed a few years back. No bottom paint on my boat and I was nervous about growth on my hull. I asked around and some people suggested using diaper cream on the bottom. I didn't want to deal with that greasy mess so I didn't try it. I decided to try a layer of wax that I let...
  9. S

Yamaha 6A3 tilt switch issue

The down function did the same thing on my switch. Had to order a new switch to fix the problem. I believe mine was about 4 years old as well when it stopped working.
  10. S

What to do with old inboard spot after podding?

Excuse the extremely dirty floor. I used marine grade plywood coated with epoxy and painted. Turned out awesome and was easy to make. I have 8 seasons on it now and still holding up strong. Just a few scratches which is an easy fix. Been on a friends boat that has checker plate and it rattles...
  11. S

2018 Gulf Island Reports

Chinook non retention area as of Aug 1st http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/co-chq/17-co-chq-eng.pdf
  12. S

emergency nav advice

Best advice would be to call Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo. Best service and prices I've found anywhere
  13. S

Wanted Yamaha T8 Tiller Handle

Anyone have a spare tiller handle for a 2001 Yamaha T8 kicking around? Need a few parts for mine. I'm in Nanaimo.
  14. S

Pod builder on the island

Dss welding in Duncan built the pod for my Malibu 185. Boat rides great and no problems with bow porpoise. I filled the hole in the transom and no issues. Feel a lot better not having a giant hole in the back of the boat.
  15. S

MR3 for sale

Bump....First $400 takes it
  16. S

MR3 for sale

Blue MR3 for sale $425. South Nanaimo click on link for pics http://www.usednanaimo.com/classified-ad/Islander-Mr3EDIT-PRICE-DROP_28741401
  17. S

2006 Yamaha T8 Gas in Oil ( crankcase )

My t8 did this a couple years ago. Changed the diaphragm in the fuel pump and it still made oil. Changed the thermostat and problem solved. Would be a good idea to just change both. Easy fix
  18. S

Podding

Boat looks awesome Warren! When you finish the back cabinet post up some pics of the finished product. I still have to build something for mine but haven't decided how or what yet.
  19. S

How's the fishing in renfrew

Fished the bank yesterday. Lots of coho around. Chinook fishing was scratchy where we were but we didn't move around looking too much. Massive amounts of bait and birds inside the closure so they were probably there where we couldn't get them. The fish we killed were full of large herring. We...
Back