Search results

1. Time

Yamaha 50, What is too many hours

Spotted a 2013 F50 4 stroke, it did it's 2 years in a fish camp and then went on a recreational boat, guesstimated 800 hours on it. Asking $4,000.00 Worthwhile to pursue further? Would have mechanic check over of course if I go for it.
  2. Time

Stuck boat hook.

One of the 'joints' on my boat hook is stuck in the extended position. Garelick, if it matters. Any ideas on how to loosen? Tried to soak it in fresh water, wrapped wet rags around. They say not to use penetrating oil on it. TIA
  3. Time

Simms Freestone Stocking Foot Chest Waders

Simms waders, Brand new in box. Tags are still attached. Size XL-K, which I take to mean extra large King, it will accommodate our beer guts, not that we have one. I haven't tried them on since I bought them. Then I was around 230 pounds, 6 feet tall. I bought these at Robinsons in Victoria a...
  4. Time

Shimano 200 GT

A shimano 200 Gt in very good used condition. I had it on board as a backup, but never needed to use it. Reel is spooled with 20 pound Maxima, which I had put on about 10 years ago. Line has never been in water or exosed to sun, so should still be good. $30.00 ?
  5. Time

Shimano GT 200

I've had it as a backup for at least 10 years. Line on it has never seen water, or sunlight. Should still be good. 20 lb test, Maxima In very good condition. $30.00?
  6. Time

9 foot aluminium

Sold Now how do I delete thread?
  7. Time

Aluminium sheet, 1mm (19 gauge)

I have 2 pieces of aluminium sheet, approx 2 feet x 8 feet. Probably 6016 but no guarantee. Any interest? Also appreciate input on value. Thanks Doug
  8. Time

Nanoose / Schooner Marina

I'll be visiting up there for the Labour Day weekend. Worth dragging the boat up, and I believe it is open, tossing out a few lures? Boat is not big enough (16 foot) to run back down to Nanaimo or over to Lasquiti, so probably just out in front of launch at Schooner Marina? Also, any crabbing in...
  9. Time

VIP - What regulations apply?

From the Terrace newspaper. https://www.terracestandard.com/news/anglers-furious-over-vip-fishing-trip/
  10. Time

Old gas

I've got about 100 litres of gas that is about 3 years old. Stabil was added every year (I think). Do you see any problem using it in the boat? Or, is there a way to test it should that be the route to take? Time
  11. Time

Coho, effect of full moon?

Booking a day for Coho fishing, October 4, out of Sooke. October 5 is a full moon. Any experience or thoughts on the impact of the full moon? I know it can impact freshwater fishing, suspect it can impact on Spring fishing, but for Coho?
  12. Time

Impact of full moon on Coho/October

Planning a quick trip for Coho off Sooke for first week of October. Coincides with a full moon on October 5. Any thoughts on impact of full moon on the coho? I would prefer to work around the moon, but 4th and 5th are best dates for trip.
  13. Time

Another new Disease for Farmed Salmon

From the Globe and Mail: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/disease-found-in-salmon-on-one-fish-farm-in-bc-but-more-research-needed-study/article30109962/ Only found at one farm
  14. Time

Nanaimo Hotel Recomendation

Will have to stay in Nanaimo for about a week or two in September while wife recovers from surgery at NGH. Looking for a hotel/motel. Needs to be clean and comfortable for her, preferably have coffee maker/breakfast fixing area in room, restaurant on premises but I can go out to get take out...
  15. Time

DFO & Hatcheries

With the warmer than normal water in the rivers, low flows occurring in most rivers, and probable drying up of many spawning beds and creeks, it looks like a poor year for the spawning salmon. What is the liklihood of DFO expanding or enhancing hatchery capacity to make up, at least...
  16. Time

Address please!

If you are posting an item for sale, or looking for something that another member may have laying around, please follow the forum rules and include a general indication of location. Particularly if it is a smaller valued item, and not a high value item like a boat. Or, include it with your...
  17. Time

This Years Jokes

Fishing is about to get serious for the year. Postings may get a bit testy, so lighten up with a bit of humour. BMW complaint. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154767807170001
  18. Time

Who is 'agentaqua'?

Stupid posting. Apologies. Should be a delete button on here.
  19. Time

Rat/rodent repellent ???

Anybody have any good ideas on keeping rats/rodents away from a vehicle parked outdoors? Started my truck the other day and a bunch of dash lights came on. Had it at the dealer today for a diagnostic test, and it is a wiring problem. Some rodents had done a b and b in the engine...
Back