Search results

1. TinnyTime

Coop marked gas with ethanol.

Hi All, what are your opinions on running the coop marked gas that now has up to 10% ethanol? Thats the same ethanol content as regular. Now that's its got ethanol, I've started to add fuel stabilizer to the marked gas now, plus seafoam. I don't like it, but What else can I do... the only...
  2. TinnyTime

Trailer's bow stop interferes with boat's bow eye... what to do

Hi All, I just swapped trailers, and got a small problem. The bow eye needs to skip up and over the trailer's bow stop roller to in order to fully seat the bow against the bow stop. It doesn't roll up and over nicely, it digs the bow eye into the roller. This is going to tear up the bow stop...
  3. TinnyTime

Risk to keep on the trailer with battery tender

The experts on Facebook recommend not to keep an aluminum boat on the trailer with the battery tender plugged in, due to electrolysis. I dont know what to think about this. I've been doing it all the time, but hadn't considered any potential issue with it. What say you guys ? True or false ...
  4. TinnyTime

Little chief smoker temp control upgrade... WOWZAS !

I added a temperature controller that turns the heating element on or off based on a set temperature.... It controls the temperature of the smoker, win ! It has a programmable thermostatic hysteresis (0.5 to 10 degrees)...., to ensure that when the element turn on it will stay on long enough to...
  5. TinnyTime

Tuna cord crimps ?

Where can I find the slim brass/copper crimps for tuna cord ? like on the right. These are sometimes call ferrules. I only found these thick aluminum style locally. Don't fit my crimper. I run 8 feet of tuna cord at the end of my downrigger, its 1/8". Thanks
  6. TinnyTime

opinions - should I remove the bottom paint on my tinny ?

What say you ? I keep it trailered, .... I bought the boat like this. Also, if I do remove the anti-foul.... should I Shark Hyde the hull ? The factory finish has a clear coat, but that would be removed along with the bottom paint removal (un-avoidable). pros of removing: - less corrosion...
  7. TinnyTime

Super stern heavy Hewescraft, .... and rides terrible !

Hi All, Check out how stern heavy my boat sits in the water ! Boat is a 2005 SeaRunner 180 (w/ standard transom) I know its a big 150 on the back but GEEEEZ ! Also has dual batteries and a 9.9 kicker. The boat rides terrible. I cant get above 20 or 22 knots without violent porpoising...
  8. TinnyTime

WTB: Spare 14" trailer wheel / tire

Hi, Anyone have a 14" spare ? Should be galvanized. In Victoria 205/75R14 Thanks !
  9. TinnyTime

Motors NOT winterized cuz I'm fishing, .... worried about freezing on cold nights

Hi guys, I keep my boats outdoors and use them all winter so I've never winterized my boats. (I'm in Victoria, so fairly mild usually). Boats on a trailer in my driveway. It usually doesn't get below zero here, ............ but may occasionally. Sometimes I worry about cold snaps that might...
Back