Search results

1. Texadafisher

Seeking Wisdom On Trolling Cowichan In The Winter

My favorite way to fish in the winter is trolling tomics, no weight, way behind the boat. I hug the shoreline and usually do quite well with big cutty's. Apex's and Flatfish are also very productive on Cowichan
  2. Texadafisher

Recreational chinook openings leave First Nations frustrated on the Lower Fraser

I don't know about cerimonial sockeye, but I just bought 8 from my local band
  3. Texadafisher

XL Herring and octopus Victoria/Langford?

If you are going as far as Sooke, Village foods has a supply of bait, including octopus and squid.
  4. Texadafisher

The secret lives of Salmon.

This is great. I only wish this research would have taken place years ago.
  5. Texadafisher

Victoria pub night

I will be bringing my girlfriend since she catches all the fish. I just steer the boat and take photos. o_O
  6. Texadafisher

Victoria pub night

March 7th works great for me. I'll be in town and able to make it. I'll bring plenty of lies, tales and exaggerations
  7. Texadafisher

New krippled spoons

That could absolutely be the case. The Harbour Chandler is in the business of selling fishing gear. Hell, I'm so pessimistic, I believe a lot of the information shared on forums should be taken with a grain of salt. The only way to really be sure is to try it out and see if it works for you. And...
  8. Texadafisher

New krippled spoons

From Harbour Chandlers facebook page. Looks like they catch fish!
  9. Texadafisher

Canning smoked salmon question...

While canning a batch of salmon from last year I decided to try a little experiment. I added a teaspoon of liquid smoke to 6 cans. I was pessimistic, figuring a shortcut this easy would never work. Wrong, I wished I did more. I realize nothing beats putting in the effort and time required to get...
  10. Texadafisher

2019 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Nice work! I lived on Kin Beach for a couple years and never even tried the fishing from shore. Regretting that now.
  11. Texadafisher

2019 Powell River Reports

I've been trying for pinks, but nothing yet. Springs are plentiful. I've had my best success just before dusk.
  12. Texadafisher

2019 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

I've been fishing out of Gillies Bay on Texada, and finding the same thing. The bite really comes on just before sunset. Finding a lot of shiner perch in their bellies. That was a bit of a surprise. Sometimes find a shiner occasionally, but these guys were gorging on them
  13. Texadafisher

Shore fishing - high or low tide?

In my experience , salmon come in with the tide, usually chasing the bait forced up against the shoreline by current and predators. It makes for some of the most exciting fishing I have ever experienced! Often I can see the salmon chasing the bait . A well placed buzz bomb, my shore lure of...
  14. Texadafisher

Downrigger cable

I have been experimenting last season and still have cable on one downrigger, braid on the other. Both fished very well, neither out fished the other. However, there was a huge phytoplankton bloom around Texada recently. That stuff stuck to the cable like crap to a blanket. However, it didn't...
  15. Texadafisher

2019 Crab Regs - Two Escape Rings

I read it the same way. Guess I'm going to have to modify all my traps. They only have one escape ring
  16. Texadafisher

I was introduced to salmon fishing in those boats rented from Gilberts . Brings back great memories!
  17. Texadafisher

Herring Petition

I recycle them into crab meat.
  18. Texadafisher

2019 Sooke Reports

Fished out of Pedder Bay Wednesday. The bite came on hot and heavy around 8 am and died off as the morning progressed. The fish were taking spoons and hoochies. Kept one American, 13 lbs, for tonight's bbq dinner. Tried for halibut but no takers
  19. Texadafisher

Power pro blue super slick braid

Amazon.ca has 300 yard spools of 40lb marine blue for $43.66
Back