Search results

1. daddystoy

Trophy rewire questions

I'm going to stroke my own ego here. Couple pictures of the finished product.
  2. daddystoy

Trophy rewire questions

That was one job I really enjoyed when I did my boat. It was just so satisfying yanking out the complete disaster of wiring and taking my time to replace it with neat and tidy wiring.
  3. daddystoy

Trophy rewire questions

Get yourself some good tools if you don't already have any. Klein makes a great wire stripper (blue handle) and a wire crimper tool. Titan ratcheting crimper is a good tool. A small butane torch for heat shrinking. Not sure if your doing battery cables or not but you will need a big battery lug...
  4. daddystoy

random question regarding boat insurance

I hear you Peahead. Getting multiple quotes for insurance is a pain in the butt. Just trying to understand the coverage and legal mumbo jumbo between each policy is difficult. My problem is I have an old boat that's been rebuilt. Some companies don't even want to touch it I.e Portside insurance...
  5. daddystoy

I got a quote back from Hub. So far they are the cheapest but they aren't providing the same amount of coverage as I currently have. It's looking like the usual case of "you get what you pay for".
  6. daddystoy

I'm in the process of getting a couple of quotes for my upcoming boat insurance. I feel I am paying too much with my current place for the value of the boat. That's another story for another time. My question is: On one of the applications (Hub Insurance) they ask for the Previous Insurer, The...
  7. daddystoy

In Hindsight Advice (seeking not giving)

IMHO i think anybody that owns a boat should be reasonably mechanically inclined or at least be prepared to learn. The alternative is to have very deep pockets to be able to pay labour rates of 150 an hour and have the patience of a Saint waiting to get things fixed. Oh... and hoping some of...
  8. daddystoy

CanadianListed.com legit??

Thanks. I've tried twice now. You're right. Totally useless site.
  9. daddystoy

Same for me. I replied to one ad with no response. I replied to two more ads so we will see what happens.
  10. daddystoy

Has anybody bought anything from: CanadianListed.com ??? It seems a little scammy but I could be wrong. My gut says stay away. A Google search says it's bogus.
  11. daddystoy

Electrical issues help!!

Oh you definitely found A problem. Hopefully that is The problem.. After rewiring my boat a number of years ago the peace of mind it brings is huge. It was a typical old boat with a **** show for wiring. There is an interesting article in this month's Pacific Yachting magazine about FIRES.
  12. daddystoy

My Heros

Oh...would you look at that! You mean to say they eat other things than just chinook salmon?
  13. daddystoy

Kamado Egg Style Grill Smoker

Nice looking set up you've got there!
  14. daddystoy

Commander 26 Re Build

I vote dodger on. To me it looks "awkward/strange" without the dodger.
  15. daddystoy

Complete rebuild/teardown on outboard motors every 5 years.

Seems weird to change a head gasket when there's nothing wrong.
  16. daddystoy

1981 Double Eagle gets a second chance

I rebuilt my 18.5 DE back in 2011 and spent what I thought was a crazy amount back then. I could only imagine what it costs now. Did it once back then. Would never do it again. For the longest time i had always wanted to get into a 21 Monaro. That dreams dead. I'll stick with what I got.
  17. daddystoy

Trade a 10 and 15# cannonball

I would like to trade a 10# and a 15# cannonball that I have and never use for 2-12# cannonballs. I only ever use 12 lbers and don't need the 10 and 15 lbers. I was thinking straight trade... no cash involved. I'm in Burnaby.
  18. daddystoy

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Have fun in that 20 to 25 NW tomorrow fella's.
  19. daddystoy

1977 Hourston 18.2

No surprise. 1977 baby! Say no more.
  20. daddystoy

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I was. It's like shooting fish in a barrel out there. Small pink squirt hootchies....same as sockeye stuff. Pick a flasher...it probably doesn't matter which one. 50 feet... sit back and wait 5 minutes or less....repeat.
Back