Search results

1. Reel Knotty

Scenery Photos Wanted.

Hope some of you might be able to help me out. I'm in need of Barkley Sound photos for referance in a painting project I'm working on. So far my internet search isn't working well. I'm hoping for nice pics of Swale Rock, Pill Point, Kirby Point, Whitlestone Point and The Wall or any other...
  2. Reel Knotty

The Greek Economic Bailout Explained

There must be a catch somewhere! Subject: The Greek bail out - explained It is a slow day in a little Greek Village . The rain is beating down and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit. On this particular day a rich German tourist is...
  3. Reel Knotty

Outboard that runs on salmon meat.

http://en.video.sympatico.ca/index.php/en/video/entertainment/3/all-entertainment-providers/153/jokeroo/731/killer-whale-imitates-boat-motor/1188238234001 I wonder how many pomies this puts out????
  4. Reel Knotty

DFO inspired paint scheme

Inspired by our stellar DFO fish management system, I threw a new coat of paint on the boat. I call it "The Dead Sea" The boat sold before I even got it back together :) Sushihunter should see it in his local waters soon.
  5. Reel Knotty

Hey Holmes

I borrowed your old sig to design new canucks jersey. Hope you don't mind.
  6. Reel Knotty

Tahsis in the spring

I've never fished out of Tahsis before, but my girlfriend talked me into driving up so she can visit a friend. I was toying with dragging my little 16 ft tinny along and try some fishing. I was hoping for a bit of safety ie: Tahsis Inlet, Esperanza inlet- do they blow up hard in the day from...
  7. Reel Knotty

Free boat bench seat

Bench seat/storage box with flip sit forward/backward back rest. Good shape, sun faded but solid covering. Blue in color. Pulled it out in favor of a pedestal. Pm me if I can save you a few bucks in your rebuild. But if you feel like your ripping me off, drop off a beer and we'll call it even ...
  8. Reel Knotty

Halibut Tunnel Vision

While the "halibut war" between commercial and recreational sectors is in full swing, let's not forget about the fish farms infesting our waters. They have very effectively timed a new TV add campain to defend their position while our focus is off them and on the halibut issue. Just a reminder...
  9. Reel Knotty

Happy Birthday BassBlaster

Hope you're spending it on the water!
  10. Reel Knotty

New study on sea lice

Oops never mind. Missed the previous thread.
  11. Reel Knotty

Boater License Exam just got harder

Just got an email from boatersexam.com from 36 questions to 50!!! Oh my I'm worried now. LOL!! But loved the "crash videos" included in the email. :) video link_____...
  12. Reel Knotty

Winter motor flushing

I'm wondering if this is a good option for when I flush my motors in the winter to avoid freezing. In the shed I found this garden hose attachment which is basically a bottle, valve and fittings, that I believe is to mix soap or fertilizers to water when using hose. What if I attached this to...
  13. Reel Knotty

Site update

While the new forum worked out very successfully, I was curious if there are any plans in the works to update the main site. All articles, fishing reports etc. are quite outdated. I fully understand the work involved in running a site like this and manpower may be unavailable, but it would be...
  14. Reel Knotty

New Year ling/hali opening???

Could this be true?? If so, Yay! http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/species-especes/fintable-tableaupoisson-eng.htm
  15. Reel Knotty

Engine parts contact

Anyone know the number for Stomping Tom on Nanaimo Lakes Rd?? Was hoping to find a few parts I need.
  16. Reel Knotty

Wanted: 9.9 short shaft with tiller

Need to power my inflatable:) On a budget so a little older 2 stroke would be prefered. Thanks!
  17. Reel Knotty

Cowichan Lake??

How's fishing in Cowichan Lake these days? Any tips? Thanks in advance!
  18. Reel Knotty

15.5 Hourston project boat

After marriage disolved, I haven't had space or time to finish the project. Currently has stringers repaired and new foam blown. New transom, designed and installed wood/glass pod (18 inch extra on overall length). Decks cut and ready for install. Rebuilt powerhead for 1980 merc 50 to be...
  19. Reel Knotty

Who says August trout fishing sucks??

Caught this cutty at Nanaimo Lakes on the weekend. I usually let these big breeders back, but it inhaled my lure and had serious gill damage and I didn't like it's odds of surviving. C&R'ed a couple more not much smaller as well. ps. just a shade shy of 5 lbs.
  20. Reel Knotty

Lake Cowichan Question

Hey all. I'm toying with a trip to Cowichan Lake this weekend and am curious of any reports coming out of there. Also, if anyone has been lately, did you happen to notice what depth the thermocline is at? Just trying to formulate a statagy and gather my gear for a trip. Thanks!
Back