Search results

1. Reel Knotty

....and that's how the fight started!

I was reading a thread on a fishing forum called ".....and that's how the fight started" laughing away to myself, thinking the jokes were all hilarious. "Oh, how true." I said out loud. Unknown to me the lady fair was reading over my shoulder. And that's how the fight started........
  2. Reel Knotty

Nanaimo and Area reports - Spring and Summer 2012

Thurday 6 am-11 am. Fished the fingers, released two borderlines, lost 2 and bonked a 14 and 16. Surprise of the day was ZERO snot on the lines!! WTF!! Sunday was hell.
  3. Reel Knotty

Clam Feast Needed

Just watch out for Red Tide, no matter what......."version"........ of clams you want to feast on.
  4. Reel Knotty

Scenery Photos Wanted.

Thanks Guys! Great pics! Kelly, I think I'll paint your pic for a prize for next years Loggers Derby! That's the scene I wanted to paint for this years, but I was having a few health issues and couldn't. MoreCoffee, Lots of nice pics there. The last one you posted is the east end of the wall...
  5. Reel Knotty

If you live on your sailboat how do possession limits apply?

I'd assume you would have to be at your home port. (i.e. address on fishing licence etc.) to have any chance to argue your possession limits if questioned. Interesting question though.
  6. Reel Knotty

Scenery Photos Wanted.

Hope some of you might be able to help me out. I'm in need of Barkley Sound photos for referance in a painting project I'm working on. So far my internet search isn't working well. I'm hoping for nice pics of Swale Rock, Pill Point, Kirby Point, Whitlestone Point and The Wall or any other...
  7. Reel Knotty

Fluorocarbon

Call me stupid, but I won't shell out more money to buy a non stretch line such as florocarbon when fishing salmon for the reasons that the makers promote. Non stretch, thin diameter etc. I want the thicker diameter and stretch. Salmon aren't leader shy, the water is rarely crystal clear. I like...
  8. Reel Knotty

Need herring????

Supply for online games like this one. I keep losing the herring! http://www.intuitiongames.com/red-herring-chase/
  9. Reel Knotty

Official 2012 Sproat Lake Loggers Derby

Always next year. Should have a better one of local scenery to boot.
  10. Reel Knotty

Winter Spring Fishing

Huh? WTF! Are you asking or telling????????????
  11. Reel Knotty

Sea Ice

Damn, here I clicked this thread thinking a major climate shift occured and we had ice bergs floating down our coast. Glad to see I'm clueless and navagation isn't going to be a problem till the Japan debris hits. :)
  12. Reel Knotty

The Greek Economic Bailout Explained

There must be a catch somewhere! Subject: The Greek bail out - explained It is a slow day in a little Greek Village . The rain is beating down and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit. On this particular day a rich German tourist is...
  13. Reel Knotty

Official 2012 Sproat Lake Loggers Derby

Good luck to all in the derby! I can't make it this year, which p*sses me off. Out of commission for a couple more months. I'll keep my fingers crossed on the weather for you all.
  14. Reel Knotty

Whale SharK 39 feet

and the gong show begins.........http://news.sympatico.ca/unusualnews/contentposting_reuters/pakistani_man_fights_police_over_40-foot_shark/4531ea8e
  15. Reel Knotty

Humminbird Depth Sounder and Wholesale Sports

You might want to try running litheum (sp?) batteries in electronics for a longer battery life. I found rechargables and cheapies suck for battery life.
  16. Reel Knotty

Kicker size

Size 9 with steel toe for when you need that extra Ommph! ;) But a 7.5 honda pushes my 22 foot 1800 lbs sailer nicely even into wind and or current. Ya I"m a freak I fish out of a sail boat. LOL!
  17. Reel Knotty

Holy icy roads batman!!!

Rule #1 for winter driving.: Change your mind set. Don't think of the roads as slippery, think of your vehicle as sneaky. Then your never surprised.
  18. Reel Knotty

Live imported Snakehead fish at Price Smart Foods in Richmond BC

Smelly, I think the reason your DFO calls where not too successful is the fact that snakehead are a freshwater species therefor under provincial guidelines and not under DFO control. Also "CITES" permits for importing them exist to the best of my knowledge as they are prevalent in the aqurium...
  19. Reel Knotty

General announcement re spam

10 posts and 10 cans of spam from oppomoche. spam block seems like spam lure right now. LOL!
Back