Search results

1. Slabbedout

In Memoriam

Just found out this afternoon that Vern England passed. Vern was well known on the South Island for selling downrigger balls and other assorted fishing tackle. Some may even say he was a bit of a legend. I prawned and fished with Vern for several of his last years and he stuck it out to the...
  2. Slabbedout

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

This system works decent in shallower or areas with out much current, let it down real slow or else it just tangles and your wasting your time. Spreaders are not perfect but when used properly don’t tangle. I agree that a lot of junk from Gibbs though.
  3. Slabbedout

2024 Sidney Reports

So with Prawning opening tomorrow Is tartslip not an option for launching ? I knew it was being worked on but didn’t know it’s was closed to launches
  4. Slabbedout

Retaining wall contractor Victoria

I have a few contractors that do concrete that could help me out. It’s kinda the least desirable to the wife for esthetics but might be the best cost wise.
  5. Slabbedout

first lake ( nanaimo lakes)

Anyone fished Nanaimo lakes recently ? Headed there camping for the Easter weekend and hope to get the kids out for some trouts.
  6. Slabbedout

Aluminum boat - asking price?

Sucks, I am a big proponent of the aluminum boats over glass but here is a prime example of why everything needs to be washed and watched for oxidization. Curious what caused the damage. Possibly from being moored and having a elec leak from shore power ? Could also be staples in the bunks and...
  7. Slabbedout

Yeah was this in Vic ? Who did the prep and laid the start row, your buddy ? I would probably be onboard if I could find someone willing to do the start row and the majority of the prep. I think it’s unlikely though.
  8. Slabbedout

Infinity landscape services ? Can’t seem to find infinite green in Victoria.
  9. Slabbedout

Honestly I will do almost anything myself and love to save money. Building retaining walls and taping drywall are just about the only things I think I would pay for.
  10. Slabbedout

When you say the rats love them do you mean stacked stone / boulder wall ? I was thinking a mortared rock wall ( flat face without openings ) more of a wall lizard breeding area ? The main reason I cut down the hedge and am redoing this is because the rats lived in the cedar hedge.
  11. Slabbedout

Looking to get a retaining wall built to separate the sloped boulevard to my lawn. Ideally rock, boulders, blocks but am open to design or suggestions. We had originally thought maybe poured dyed concrete or the large lock block jersey wall. Roughly 50-60’ long and 4’ tall. Anyone care to...
  12. Slabbedout

Export A Salmon Shootout

I remember my buddy’s dad was on a billboard in Campbell river advertising this as a kid. How times have changed ! I also remember you couldn’t go the beach and not find the little trays you got frozen herring and herring strip in.
  13. Slabbedout

Big Fish - Big Spoons or Plugs?

You’re only going to catch fish with what you put down there. Who is to say what’s “ doing well” when there are many other factors other than flasher use in play. Who knows maybe using a flasher might have doubled the amount of fish caught on some occasions ? I say put out whatever you like and...
  14. Slabbedout

100.7 the buzz !! For years I would start my day with BJ shea and finish with Tom Leykis on the way home or some Phil Hendrie in the eves.
  15. Slabbedout

Zeiss conquest hd 10x42

awesome binos, Just not in the budget for me. Also I think price is fair and just need the right buyer
  16. Slabbedout

Zeiss conquest hd 10x42

Funny I did a double take, thought I saw $125 and was about to call dibs
  17. Slabbedout

Targeting Hali

Caught lots of springs and ling in that area only slightly shallower
  18. Slabbedout

Late Feb - most of March used to be decent for me. I would say the runs are 10% of what they were 10-15 years ago ? And even then they were not major runs. I used to take my daughter for a ton of fun but stopped trying about 5 years ago, just was not worth it to get a few when I could get a...
  19. Slabbedout

2024 Feb canvas and frame work

Friendly bear in Campbell river. Probably too much out of the way. Also a few good shops in Vic
Back