Search results

1. Pastafarian

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Attempting to shame people for keeping legal sized fish? Cmon man! There's an argument to made there for releasing the large breeders that you chose to keep. Bish is a well know guide and fishes everyday. So comparing a guides fish to those that get out 2 or 3 times a year? That spot you're...
  2. Pastafarian

Favourite/Best Fillet Knife

Frost knives are great. Reasonably priced, hold an edge and easy to sharpen.. If you need to replace one after a couple of years it doesn't break the bank. Pf
  3. Pastafarian

Kayak fishing out at the banks? That's wild! Hopefully you're packing a radar reflector and flares. Good luck! PF
  4. Pastafarian

We fished Barkley from Thursday to Sunday. Caught fish everywhere. Seemed to be as many 6 to 8 lb chinook as you wanted to keep. We high graded and came back with a cooler full of 11 to 13 pounders. Never caught anything bigger than 13. Tons of action though. Swale was where the most action was...
  5. Pastafarian

Stamp river

Dockside observers! Reporting bycatch!!! Ha! You've never been in the fishing industry, that's apparent. Proof and confirmation of wiping out a run isn't something the net fisherman will be doing anytime soon. Nets spanning an entire river will certainly contain steelhead when they are present...
  6. Pastafarian

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

My 2 cents, camp at poetts nook. Spring fishing right out front, even sockeye in junction pass. Just way more options than China creek. Good luck!! Pastafarian
  7. Pastafarian

Jet Boat on the Stamp/Somass

Well you could just follow the rules and use a 9.9hp engine. That would be the best thing to do. Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting fined or not. Better yet, you can show others how to do the right thing. Maybe some of the goons running 140 hp engines could take a page from your book...
  8. Pastafarian

Apex lures

Apex are garbage. Truly. There are so many better gear options; Spoons, plugs, hootchies, bait, a bare hook. If an apex lure was the only piece of gear left to fish on my boat, well I'd start the main! Pastafarian
  9. Pastafarian

Nahmint Lake closing indefinately

Well, she hasn't been an MLA before so that's an interesting comment. Scott couldn't have done any less on the matter so I cant see how she could be worse. All I'm saying is that it's worth an email! Pastafarian
  10. Pastafarian

Yes, it is awful news. One thing that's changed however, is the MLA for mid island. Scott Fraser is out and Josie Osborne is in. I will be reaching out to her shortly regarding this matter. Anyone that is interested in camping at Nahmint Lake ever again may want to consider writing Josie as...
  11. Pastafarian

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our office in regards to Nahmint Lake Recreational site, as MLA Fraser's assistant I am happy to respond. First my apologies for the lateness of this response. As you can imagine our office has seen a large increase in correspondence and emergency...
  12. Pastafarian

Port alberni Inlet massacre

It is not a small number. I have a contact that is involved in the FN somass fishery. Many, many steelhead are caught and sadly discarded. An observer onboard would be the only way to monitor this fishery. Sadly, an observer onboard every fn boat in the somass during an opening is not possible...
  13. Pastafarian

2020 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Fished danvers to beale yesterday evening. Not a bite
  14. Pastafarian

Bamfield road upgrade

https://www.cheknews.ca/bamfield-road-safety-upgrades-699931/ Chipseal eh? What do you folks think about this?? I'm somewhat undecided over this decision. One one hand, it won't be great for motorbikes as loose gravel on the hard surface is tougher to see. This also creates a new safety...
  15. Pastafarian

2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Green and/or chartreuse worked for us
  16. Pastafarian

Fished sunday evening, all day Monday and Tuesday morning. We limited on springs and grabbed 7 coho, 3 people in my boat. Pretty darn good fishing! Anywhere along fleming was hot for us. Put a pair of white hoochies on and never changed them. 50 feet was the magic number. Nice to see so many...
  17. Pastafarian

Well I just fished sat, sun and this morning. Came home with 5 nice chinook, 2 very large (12, 13lb) coho and a ling. Fished all over, cree, kirby, whittlestone, the wall..... bit of a grind for sure. All are nice fish however and the weather was good inside. Spoons and flashers around 50 feet...
  18. Pastafarian

Well, I fished Friday to Sunday in the Sound. We were mainly out near the surf line in various spots, cree, bordelais, beale, sail rk. Brought home 8 springs and 2 lings, all were over 20 pounds. Spoons seemed to be the lucky lure for me, working the gear around 50 feet. Not a ton of of...
  19. Pastafarian

Yesterday I ran skinny g spoons, 3.5 inch, green white - behind green flashers. Today, 5 inch plug #602 was the ticket Pasta.
  20. Pastafarian

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

25k???? Not even worth half of that.
Back