Search results

1. Fishboy89

Nicola Lake

Go to Stump....bigger fish.
  2. Fishboy89

Coastal Craft launches the 41' Sport Fisher

I have been on their 33 Profish at the Boat Show the last few years. Quality workmanship everywhere and the boat just looks and feels good. If I had 800K to burn a Profish would be my next boat.
  3. Fishboy89

Boat Prices are Insane

Like others I bought a 2002 Alumaweld Intruder Jet in the States for 21K about 10 years ago. Dollar was at par. I could definitely sell it for 25K maybe 30K now even with 10 years of use. The joy I have gotten out of that boat is priceless though. The boat I would like is now $125k.....every...
  4. Fishboy89

How big are your balls? 15 vs 18 vs 20 with Scotty 1106 Riggers

To get deep with 1106s: 18 lbs round braid
  5. Fishboy89

Best soap to get rid of fish smell

Real Lemon juice right on the hands. Works every time.
  6. Fishboy89

Jigging for Big Lake Trout in Horse Lake

Nice video! We fished Horse lake many years ago for Kokanee, wish we had tried jigging!
  7. Fishboy89

2014 F-150 Headache Rack with small winch?

Great! Yes i would have launching wheels that would come on and off depending on the nature of the launch.
  8. Fishboy89

2014 F-150 Headache Rack with small winch?

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to assist with pulling my lake boat into the truck bed. It is getting too heavy to lift and push into the truck bed especially on an angle, and I do not want to put it on a boat trailer as some of the roads I go down are too rough. I am thinking of a small...
  9. Fishboy89

Maquabeak Launch under the Port Mann - still open?

Thinking about a lower Pitt cuttie/sturgeon trip this weekend. Seeing some conflicting info online. Thanks!
  10. Fishboy89

Older Brother Printer and new Brother Inkjet Cartridges - (flies/lures/beer/whatever)

We bought a new printer so have 3 still unwrapped ink cartridges Brother LC103Y, LC103BK and M. Also have the ones that are still in the printer that are still very new but with different ink levels. They would total around $60+ at Staples. Just hoping somebody can use them. You can also have...
  11. Fishboy89

Sea to sky lake fishing

I think a lot of lakes are still frozen up there. Later in the year Alta, Green and Ivey would be worth a look. Also Birkenhead and Anderson lakes that are a bit farther.
  12. Fishboy89

Prawn traps - - - - GONE

Lots of traffic in that area, could have been stolen or dragged by a tug. I often see prawn buoys on the front of log booms.....they just do not care and those booms are not easy to control in a strong outflow to be fair to the tugs. Sorry to hear that. I lost one set off of NE Bowen on a ledge...
  13. Fishboy89

Berry's Bait & Tackle for sale

I frequented Berry's quite a bit. Good selection of various items and sturgeon bait. Scotty stock was great. They were helpful and friendly, but I do know they were increasingly bitter on the salmon front. Also had an employee stealing from them a few years ago. I suspect somebody will buy the...
  14. Fishboy89

US Coastguard/RCMP Checks.

Saw DFO/Coastguard out checking guys by Third Marker off Bowen on Sunday. It looked like they were giving one black boat a real thorough inspection.
  15. Fishboy89

Vancouver Crab Poachers Caught Selling Their Catch Online

#4 is for sure female....not even a debate.
  16. Fishboy89

Cleaning boat tops and vinyl

I just soak the sunbrella in hot soapy water, scrub rinse and repeat. My sunbrella is original to the boat (18 years) and it continues to amaze me. Key is keeping it out of the sun though - my boat is under cover all year.Maybe some fantastik on the worst spots. I use lemon pledge on my...
  17. Fishboy89

Regulations for Crab Traps

I put an underwater camera down on my traps and noticed two things - how fast they come in if you are on them, and how easy it is for them to escape. It looked like one was holding open the door for the others to escape haha (I have the cheap coated wire box traps, they work fine.) Solution: I...
  18. Fishboy89

Fenwick HMX

Not sure about the Fenwick warranty on these type of rods but I had a Fenwick Aetos fly rod break and Berry's replaced it without any discussion. Good service!
  19. Fishboy89

Shore casting Maui

This is exactly right. I was looking for an old tackle store near Hilo but it was out of business. We started chatting with this old Chinese guy on picking weeds on the lawn and it turns out he ran the store for years....his advice was Kastmaster in shallow frothy water 2-5 feet deep were the...
  20. Fishboy89

I suck at lingcod fishing

Lots of good advice here, not an expert but here are some things I have noticed: - slack tide is best (like salmon) - a 5 ounce banana weight in front of any paddle tail with herring is good. Drag it or jig and drop it, see what they want - A Norwegian cod jig is the best jig, try a fast jerky...
Back