Search results

1. B

Bottom painting advise

Hi. Anyone have a good aluminum bottom painter in Vancouver area? Looking for a top level job for an aluminum. Also are you allowed to have your boat bottom painted in the USA with the better product and bring the boat back across?
  2. B

Cooler cleaning

Hey. Any tips on cleaning little black spots out of a cooler or cooler bag?
  3. B

Tackle boxes

I'm looking for a good quality fishing tackle box. Anyone have a recommendation. I currently use dewalt storage cases. I have four. A spoon case, accessorie case, hoochies bait and inserts case and plug and gimmick lure case. I want a standard tackle box to pull a few items out of each case to...
  4. B

Where did you catch fish last season.

I'm just doing a little reflection on 22/23 fishing season. Thinking about where we caught the most fish and where our FPH (fish per hour) was the best. I'm based out of Vancouver and Point Roberts but also go to the island a few times per summer. Most FPH was sandheads between Sept 1-7...
  5. B

Seat bases

6 hole seat bases. Free in North Vancouver
  6. B

Presto canner

Presto canner with all the parts. $60
  7. B

Pocket knives

What kind of pocket knifes do you guys use? I'm a bit of a collector and have a bunch of unusual and weird knives. But i have a few rotational daily users. Wondering what the pros use. Currently I've been carrying the Benchmade Osborn or the spider co paramilitary 2.
  8. B

Infant life jackets

What have you guys used for infant life jackets. I have a 10# baby girl. Apparently if I can find her a jacket the wife will join me at Ambleside.
  9. B

Broken fishing rod

Coming back from active pass on Saturday morning I screwed up a bit. I didn't really read the forcast. I knew It was supposed to pickup in the afternoon I crossed over at the crack of light in lake like conditions. By 830 or 900am I noticed it picked up a bit. The ride home was nasty, waves...
  10. B

Stickers for aluminum boats.

Hey I have a typical 21 foot aluminum boat. A duckworth. The stickers look terrible due to me and the previous owner "rubbing" the dock here and there. Has anyone ever replace the decals on a hewes or kingfisher? Is it possible? A nightmare?
  11. B

Prawning cleanliness

Is there a good method of getting the oil pellets to the location and in the trap without getting oil everywhere. I've thought about freezing the pellet holder. I use a can of pellets and a can of cat good or prawn bait. Any suggestions
  12. B

Custom stacking rod holders

A couple weeks ago I was fishing in Bamfield, I posted about it in the fishing report but long story short, I had a rod holder sheer off and I lost a fish, a nice reel and a nice rod. I phone around when I got back and the fish store knew the exact holder I was talking about. It's had issues. So...
  13. B

Hoochies

When rigging up a hoochie, I usually choose my desired leader lengths. I then tie the opposite end of the hoochie to a swivel. I'm wondering if no swivel would give it better action?
  14. B

Reels mr3 vs tr3

I'm heading out to buy a new reel after work today. I'm going for the mr3. Unless someone can convince me to go tr3. My other main reel is an able, which is nice but has issues with the clicker. I want an islander
  15. B

Does anyone know a good Electronics guy.

Does anyone have a good electronic guy for my 20' aluminum. I need an auto pilot hooked up. And a new transducer. I live in N Vancouver. Everyone seems busy. Which I understand cause everyone wants to boat now.
  16. B

Shockwave seats squeaking

One of my Shockwave seats developed a squeak. Any suggestions on how to fix it or common areas where the squeak happens?
  17. B

Spoons big vs small

Out of all the lures I seem to get the most fish on spoons. Since November I've caught a lot of Chinook on small spoons. But only a couple keepers. In the summer I use bigger spoons, but mainly anchovies and the odd hoochie. If I switched to larger 4" spoons would I attract less fish but larger...
  18. B

Auto pilot opinions

Hi, I have a 20 ft aluminum boat. I was looking at autopilot this weekend. I have the raymarine axiom screen so I'm thinking raymarine autopilot. Has anyone tried it on an aluminum boat? I'm a bit worried its not going to be able to keep the constant movement of the aluminum. Also looking at a...
  19. B

Scotty electric downriggers 1116

I have two Scotty electronic depthpower downriggers. Two rod holders on each unit. We converted to braided. They're in good working order. Two seasons of use but removed from the boat everytime. 300$ each.
  20. B

Bamfield, Esperenza lodging

Hey I'm booking a summer fishing trip. Does anyone know of a good place you can bring your own boat and they cook for us in bamfield or Esperenza? Last year we did Nootka Island lodge on Nootka (outstanding). We're looking for something similar in Bamfield or Esperenza. Only reason we're change...
Back