Search results

1. B

Charlie White Shows

This could be the best fishing show I've seen. Brendan Morrison has some work to do if he wants to be like Charlie.
  2. B

Any marine shops near the Vancouver/Washington border carry non-copper anti fouling paint?

My boat is aluminum. I went to get the trilux 2 redone, even though the guy had ample trilux left. I walked out ready to spend the big bucks on copper. I'm moving marinas from mosquito creek to pt roberts. Point Roberts marina is shallow and the growth is crazy. He claims the copper coat will...
  3. B

Any marine shops near the Vancouver/Washington border carry non-copper anti fouling paint?

Why non copper? Isn't the copper the good stuff? I'm asking because I'm about to pay a premium to have my boat copper painted.
  4. B

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

It took some planning and friends but I just filled my last chinook spot in for the year. Blue Hawaii brads bait loaded with sardine. 65 feet Tunstall
  5. B

Currently fishing hutt/waterfall. It was real rough getting here. Hopefully I'll have something to report.
  6. B

Chinook Management Measures - Areas 11 to 20, 111, and Subareas 29-1 to 29-5 - Effective April 1, 2024

Sorry I suck at understanding, is all of area 18 open until may 31 for 1 hatchery/day?. Then after May it's just a portion of 18-6 18-7?
  7. B

Vacation in British Columbia/ Alberta - some kindly questions

You would be crazy to come all this way and not salmon fish. If it were me I'd do at least one charter out of Bamfield or Tofino. You'll see things. Eagles, bears, whales, sealions, otters. It's in the Barkley sound which should be one of the seven wonders of the world. Also, knowing types of...
  8. B

Bottom painting advise

Hi. Anyone have a good aluminum bottom painter in Vancouver area? Looking for a top level job for an aluminum. Also are you allowed to have your boat bottom painted in the USA with the better product and bring the boat back across?
  9. B

Retaining wall contractor Victoria

I think you should hire a company to pour you a concrete retaining wall. It leaves no options for rodents. In north vancouver I do concrete retaining walls 4' high for approximately 400$ per linear foot.
  10. B

Axopar 28 or 37

I know a family that blew out the front window of there axopar on the Straight. They've since given up on there boating dreams. If you have that type of money get a Grady or something better for the Westcoast. "Eurotrash"
  11. B

I went out yesterday. I'm trying to find productive spots to fish that aren't often fished. So my last couple time out I've gone up towards Defense. There's a spot on the side of the highway where it narrows between the highway and Anvil island with a large creepy shack. It has three creeks...
  12. B

Is that a parking lot right behind with only 3 cars? What a dream
  13. B

Window replacements in older house.

Your best bet is to break it up. Find a window fabricating company, there are many. Use a window supplier that's in your budget. My personal favorite is Westcoast windows, but there are multiple good options. Then hire a carpenter or contractor to install them. I have a client currently in north...
  14. B

Westcoast Fishing Tackle?

I have two of the same Westcoast spoons with different hooks, in the package but the ones I just got at the boat show seem to be same hook as the Ap the other is a black hook.
  15. B

What brand do they come with.
  16. B

It's a good idea, not saying his are crap, but the only spoons I use hook ready are AP and spoons that tell you the brand they use.
  17. B

Looking to learn

I highly recommend the pacific angler fishing course, if they still offer it. It was eye opening, surrounded by 16 dudes who are all fish addicted, learned a lot. One class room day and one day on the water. The day on the water we left Vancouver and fished the trench in Nanaimo. He put on a show.
  18. B

Boating the Inside passage

Which boat did you prefer?
  19. B

I went out today. Me the wife and both kids, 19 month and almost twelve years. I guess I ruined fishing for the boy and wife in the early years, so they essentially never come out. Today was the exception. I was going to take them to bellboy and enjoy a calm day... Bellboy was rough, Ambleside...
  20. B

I was thinking about heading out tomorrow. Did anyone go out today?
Back