Search results

1. D

2022 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

I was on the water from 7-12:30 fishing McCauley to breakwater then out to the ball ups and tide line. It was a perfect day with lots of bait everywhere, hardly any boats and calm water. The only hit we had was the rod popped off the rigger and was slack when I tried reeling it in. I couldn't...
  2. D

Well I screwed up twice today. First I tried netting a nice wild coho solo and bounced the net into it's head, Lost that one. Then I caught a 9 lb. Wild coho and made damn sure I didn't loose that one. The second screw up was I left my favorite fillet knife at the cleaning station at esquimalt...
  3. D

Took the wife out for a few hours off the waterfront. Went straight out of off McCauley point. Found a tide line that produced 3 wilds 5, 8 and 10lb.??? Lost a couple then finally found a clipped one about 6-7 lb. I was running anchovies on the downrigger and a skinny g with a small slip weight...
  4. D

How far out where you when the coho hit? didn't realize they came off the waterfont like that in deeper water. I was only out about 500 yards. Not far from all the other boats when they started. but I was going north south as apposed to the other boats going east to west.
  5. D

I was running from 40-70' basically I wanted to be near the bottom for springs when I got into shore and stayed at those depths for coho. Seemed to work. Didn't get any shakers.
  6. D

Well the morning started off kinda screwed up. Got my lines in and was warming up the kicker but every time I threw it in gear it died. I tried adjusting the idle screw, checked the cables etc. And then I tried reverse. This actually worked but i heard a dreaded clunk. I lifted the leg and found...
  7. D

I tried on the Waterfront tonight with my 83 yr. Old dad. Everytime I left him at the wheel So i could get rods going we seemed to run over huge kelp beds or there was the time i looked up and the coho was bearing down on us. It was a little tough to maintain the rods but we had fun even though...
  8. D

We fished from sax point to the breakwater and back yesterday. The best day fishing that i can remember. We took home 5 springs and one hatch coho, we put in a long day from 7-5 though. Lost a big one right at the boat and another break a snap swivel. Had my 70 yr. Old uncle who has never...
  9. D

2022 Sooke Reports

I had a blast yesterday. Fished Aldridge to secretary. In four hours we had 28 fish on. It's been a long time since I've seen action like that.
  10. D

2021 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Went out yesterday of Esquimalt. Three hour's or so only had one hit but it was a nice hatchery 5lb. Caught on a spoon.
  11. D

Fished the waterfront from 6-12 landed one pink and that was the only hit we got. It was nice weather but tediously slow.
  12. D

Transducer wanted

sounds good to me. I'm guessing mail would be about $15-20? if you send me your email I'll transfer you the funds.
  13. D

Transducer wanted

It would if you're willing to mail it, what is it and how much do you want for it?
  14. D

Transducer wanted

Wanted lowrance transducer for older head. 50-209 83-200 or airmar p66 for example.
  15. D

We went straight out from McCauley point and saw fish jumping about a kilometre out. Saw a slight ripple in the water and fished that for a few hours. Wound up with 7 pinks. Lost two and returned a few small pinks and one wild coho. Managed to get 7 Dungeness too. Saw lots of jumpers and many...
  16. D

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Porcupine did that trap have an old brake rotor as a weight by any chance?
  17. D

2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

My son and I dropped some traps out front of Willows beach yesterday for a few hours, When we returned and were pulling up our first trap I noticed a small inflatable (zodiac type) boat over by my other trap. I saw this boat zig sagging around earlier but never thought about it, as I pulled...
  18. D

2019 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

we pulled out of Flemming beach into what looked like a lake last night around 6:00 there was about half a dozen boats trolling in between the green can and McCauley point. We ended up fishing the first tide line and got five strikes, only two pinkies made it in the boat but we had some fun.
Back