Search results

1. alyaz

Fishing a hoochie (3’ leader) versus a spoon (6’ leader)...

So I tested this again tonight. Had a 75 cm Chinook in the boat within 45 mins with a spoon. With spoons I get no line twisting, with the hoochies I get a frickin mess! Is it because the hoochie isn’t heavy enough or something? I checked my swivels and all are turning freely...
  2. alyaz

Sufix mono users... question.

I have a new Amundson Trend X5 reel coming that is loaded with 30 lb Sufix mono. If I wanted to try some Sufix as a leader material, what have you Sufix users been using / would recommend? Thanks.
  3. alyaz

Need a new mooching reel...

Where is the best place to find ‘best prices’ on something like an Amundson Trend X5 or Trophy Tyee reel? Thanks....
  4. alyaz

Insurance premiums sky rocketing...

Well hope they are wrong but just got off the phone with the people who insured our camper van last year. Our optional insurance (ICBC portion already paid) went from $450 to over $1100. I have called around and the cheapest I can find optional insurance for is $850. The woman said that all...
  5. alyaz

Mercury Pro XS... your experience, thoughts?

Anyone using the 115 or 150 Pro XS? Thoughts versus the ‘fourstroke’ model? Thanks.
  6. alyaz

Anyone using their main Etec for trolling?

Just wondering how many of you with Etecs are using them for trolling. In a perfect world I would prefer to just have the one (135 HO) on the new welded aluminum boat. Trying to keep everything as simple and light as possible (The last boat was a Ranger Tug. Winterizing, upholstery, loading...
  7. alyaz

Garmin Echomap Chirp 95SV...

This is the unit that comes with my new Jasper Marine build. Anyone have one and any feedback? Also, any idea what maps they may come with? Thanks...
Back