Search results

1. alyaz

Centre console boat Opinion

Rum Buddies ... Well interestingly, our CC actually has better sun cover than our open deck on our last boat (where the fishing occurred). And 90% of our fishing happens up front (once a fish is on). So guess it really depends on who you are and how you choose to use the boat. I also love the...
  2. alyaz

Centre console boat Opinion

I had a center console built and love it. Not for everyone but I find every inch of it useable.
  3. alyaz

Pacific Net and Twine

Ah, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! Guess I just need to do larger orders :)
  4. alyaz

Pacific Net and Twine

Just wondering... Any idea about the shipping details? Didn’t see anything noted. Is there a value / threshold amount that ships for free?
  5. alyaz

Pacific Net and Twine

Got the reel today... Sweet! Just waiting for the line now, but don’t imagine because of the long weekend that it will show up till around Tues/Wed. Pumped on getting it on the water!!! Yeehaa... Thanks guys.
  6. alyaz

July 31.... slot limit review?

Just print out the latest DFO website info and keep it in the boat. That’s all you can do.... I had to throw one over the limit back today, but as of tomorrow they stay...
  7. alyaz

Pacific Net and Twine

Obviously you guys know better than I do what is worth having for sale through the ‘online store,’ but I would have liked to have seen some popular brands of ‘reel sized’ spools of line. Due to the reel I just purchased here (that said preloaded with line) and because of where I live, finding...
  8. alyaz

Fishing a hoochie (3’ leader) versus a spoon (6’ leader)...

Thanks. Guess I should try that colour too, up here white seems to be the money, but ...
  9. alyaz

Thanks again. So I brought the ‘suspect’ flasher home and played with it a bit. Sure enough the swivel (front of flasher to main line) had a definite issue. You could spin it freely but load it up and it would catch. So another good lesson learned. While at it I changed them all up. Not...
  10. alyaz

Thanks gang. I actually used the same flasher and swivels with the spoon (6’ leader) and then retied the hoochie (3’ leader) and got the twisting. I used the same setup exactly so that’s when I started wondering. Sorry, I am a freshwater guy who grew up in the interior so have taught /...
  11. alyaz

So I tested this again tonight. Had a 75 cm Chinook in the boat within 45 mins with a spoon. With spoons I get no line twisting, with the hoochies I get a frickin mess! Is it because the hoochie isn’t heavy enough or something? I checked my swivels and all are turning freely...
  12. alyaz

Need a new mooching reel...

Just learned mine isn’t coming pre loaded with Sufix 30# either. Guess PNT had incorrect info listed in the ad. Ha, good one! :) So guess I will go with a heavier backing...
  13. alyaz

Sufix mono users... question.

Well guess I don’t have to worry about matching a leader material to the Suffix 30# - cause the reel doesn’t come loaded. Was a mistake on the website. Ha! They sure showed me :)
  14. alyaz

Corey_lax have you had a chance to use it yet? What’s your view on no ‘free wheel’ lever? Sounds like it’s not an issue but just wondering. And out of interest what leader # and material did you choose to match up with the preloaded Sufix line? Thanks.
  15. alyaz

Sufix mono users... question.

I have a new Amundson Trend X5 reel coming that is loaded with 30 lb Sufix mono. If I wanted to try some Sufix as a leader material, what have you Sufix users been using / would recommend? Thanks.
  16. alyaz

Wow, that’s impressive. Living out here in the boons I didn’t even know about PNT. Yikes!
  17. alyaz

Just grabbed an Amundson X5. Thank you! Got broke off the other day with my crappy Penn. As soon as the Amundson arrives the Penn gets punted...
  18. alyaz

Where is the best place to find ‘best prices’ on something like an Amundson Trend X5 or Trophy Tyee reel? Thanks....
  19. alyaz

Rusty Disc Brake Roters

If you have things apart to grease the slider pins etc, I always give the rotors a scotchbrite treatment. Not needed, but makes me and the trailer feel better :) Something I have been doing for years now is after washing off the trailer (after a dunk in the chuck) is liberally spraying the...
  20. alyaz

Vancouver boat show

Anyone got any cool pics from the boat show to post? I am hoping this weather didn’t hurt attendance.
Back