Search results

1. F

2023 Winter Harbour Reports

Where did u find this map? I have searched DFOs site and I do not see it. Thx.
  2. F

Clutesi launch question

Hi. Based on r travel time, we will be launching at Clutesi Tues am right around low tide. It's pretty low that morning. We r experienced and have a 21 ft Double Eagle w a 200 hp engine. Considering tide level and river current, advice re launching just before, on or after slack tide?
  3. F

Steiger craft 21 Miami value??

Sorry. Forgot. Hubby thinks about $35,000 Cdn.
  4. F

Steiger craft 21 Miami value??

We LOVE that boat. Seriously considered buying that model, but none to b had except on the east coast. I will check w hubby re prices. Good choice.
  5. F

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

We were out yesterday. Beautiful until about 4. Released a cpl of pinks, lost a few more something and landed a legal but not huge spring. First time in r new local waters. Not sure where to go. Thought that was a pretty good result. We r happy.
  6. F

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Did I read the Regs right? Can we keep 1 wild coho in an specified area of sub area 14.11?
  7. F

2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

We fishing out of Bam for a cpl of days this past week. Fishing was hit or miss. Right place, right time meant results. Otherwise lots of trolling w out action. Many, many shakers no matter what we used. Best for us was anchovies at 30 feet. Ended up w 7 spring and 2 coho. Springs ranged from...
  8. F

Great description! My sympathies. Been there. Glad to know we aren't alone!
  9. F

U r hilarious! Lived the cabazon description. We felt much the same way when we caught r first one. Ugly brute. Hubby was about to toss it back, when I read that their diet is primarily crab and their meat is firm and sweet. Into the box it went!
  10. F

Area 23 July / August

McKay Bay is great. We go once or twice a season. Everyone is helpful, unpretentious atmosphere, good, hearty meals. Well organized. And great guests.;)
  11. F

Tipping a Guide

Wow! U sound like a great guide.
  12. F

Port Hardy fuel

We bought marine gas at the Hyde Creek station a cpl of weeks back. It was two cents cheaper than regular gas.
  13. F

We were fishing and prawning too today off Hornby. Which boat was yours? Ours is a 21 ft Dbl Eagle hardtop, "My Precious".
  14. F

I have fished around Hornby all my life. I've never caught a hali, but every few year I hear that someone caught one. They used to be here back in the day. There r too many dogfish in summer to jig w bait, so that doesn't help. One time we tried off Flora, I caught something really heavy. Didn't...
  15. F

Why can't I buy my licence?

Hi. My husband is trying to purchase our licences. His application went fine, but he can't do mine. Pacific Region is gone as an option. I don't have my own computer. Any help out there?
  16. F

Does anyone know if the launch at Comox Marina is open at present?
  17. F

Date of bottom fish opening?

I am trying to find anywhere on the dfo site that states when ling cod and rockfish will open on the inside. ( Area 14). I recall April 1 (?) From other years, but I fon't see that. Anyone know for sure?
  18. F

2019 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

Guess u didn't find us to ask. We are happy to share. We just returned from 4 days fishing out to Tel Cove. Only ended up w 1 size slot spring, but we did get 3 great coho and the pinks have arrived. Best experience was landing and successfully releasing a 42 inch spring. My biggest ever. Wish...
Back