Search results

1. A-a-Ron

2024 Steveston Herring Sale

Reminder to grab your tickets for the Herring sale this Saturday. Look like they’re half sold out now, they go fast. http://www.fhkwc.ca/
  2. A-a-Ron

Hardwired dowriggers?

Thinking of scrapping the receptacles/plugs and just hardwiring my riggers. Sick of fixing corrosion etc. Security not an issue for me as I launch every time I go out and have locked covered storage. Anyone else do this, or any reason why not to?
  3. A-a-Ron

Scotty 1106 motor fix (and 2 riggers for sale)

I have excess downriggers looking to get rid of 2. One almost certainly has a fried motor (I’ve replaced the internal overload and troubleshooted cord/connections/etc) Anybody know the best place to get a replacement motor? Just from Scotty or anyone know a more local lead? I’d sell them as...
  4. A-a-Ron

Sharing intel for the new MSF fishery - Area 17-6, 17-9, 18-6, 18-7, 18-10

Pretty slim pickings for the MSF just announced, but we work with what we have I guess. I'm sure many of us will be trying new locations. Given the long run out, would be nice to go in not completely blind... So who knows good spots they are willing to share? As for area 19 I think...
  5. A-a-Ron

Maiden Halibut trip, Victoria area late May…

Hi all, I think it’s time for my first go at Halibut. Planning to spend 8-10 days at the cabin (Mayne Isl.) and wanna make the run and possibly even overnight to the Victoria area. I am mainly wondering what the timing will be like for late May, timing vs commercial season and if they get...
  6. A-a-Ron

Lowrance Halo 20 & Elite FS9

Does anyone have this combo, and any negative feedback? Seems like pretty much everything these days is awesome technology, and pretty comparable brand to brand at a given price point. Boat show deal has this combo at under $4k taxes in for the complete combo of 9” chartplotter/transducer &...
  7. A-a-Ron

You’re doing it wrong…

Guys we have been doing it wrong this whole time!…. 🤣🫣
  8. A-a-Ron

Trophy Pod Project

For those who want to follow along I will post progress along the way, hopefully it’s helpful to some people, might even intice you to do the same. Some winter season entertainment at the very least. Week 1; Swim grid off, leg off, engine out and cleaning up the sludge mess left below. Great...
  9. A-a-Ron

Outboard Power for 21’ walkaround

Getting pretty close to pulling the trigger to pod/repower my boat. Looked new/replacement but new is $150k plus and replacement isn’t, well… new! Love my boat but want reliability and it is slightly underpowered (4.3v6 rated 190hp I’m sure it’s less at its age now) 2006 Trophy Pro 2052 WA...
  10. A-a-Ron

Hard Top addition for a Trophy

Looking into adding a hard top to my Trophy. Looked into it a bit seems like “custom” is the only way to go. Any leads on any sort of a kit type you could buy anywhere?? Or a good reputable place to bring it to? Got a couple local shops I can look into, seeing if anyone has experience with...
  11. A-a-Ron

Long term parking at steveston No2 road launch

Hey boys I’ve only ever done day trips out of here but wanting to do a Thu a.m. to Sunday a.m. type thing. Can you park 3 nights inside the fence area there? Or if it safe enough/allowed on the street? Wondering if anyone’s done this before.
  12. A-a-Ron

Boat launch on Galiano Island

Well the old interweb is failing me... looking for where the closest boat launch would be to Porlier pass on the north end of galiano. Anyone?
Back