Search results

1. A-a-Ron

Yamaha 150 or Mercury 150

If I was getting a 150, I’d choose Yamaha. The Yam 150 is a tried and true bulletproof motor. Having said that, last year when I repowered to a 250 I chose Mercury. 🤷‍♂️ They’re both great and if you’re buying new I don’t think it matters. The dealer with a better rep for service in your...
  2. A-a-Ron

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

62cm, but yeah. Seems legit.
  3. A-a-Ron

"New" Boat Trailer is a bit big?

I had the same issues when I got a brand new trailer last year. The main factor is making sure your center of gravity is not too far back but it sounds like you’re good in that regard. I wouldn’t be too worried about being too far forward a bit, but it’s definitely an issue being too far...
  4. A-a-Ron

Want to buy a NEW boat. Please help!

What a beautifully simple and simply beautiful boat. That bow shape looks like it’ll cut through the chop like butter. Must be a comfortable ride. Very nice.
  5. A-a-Ron

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Probably a noob question but what the heck…. When the current is flowing like that, could you use your riggers to get down on a better angle, clip a couple feet above the ball? Anyone do this ever? Or does the current flow affect the Hali enough that it’s not worth it anyways. On a related...
  6. A-a-Ron

Well we managed to get back on that bait ball a few times, but kept hitting 60cm fish. Feisty little guys. Didn’t look like much other action out there. What a ridiculously beautiful day though…
  7. A-a-Ron

Pretty slow morning at the Bell but we got one keeper 65cm around 10am. Trying to stay on top of a nice bait ball at around 190’ depth just west of the Bell.
  8. A-a-Ron

Hard to resist light winds and sunny high-teen temps. I’ll be out Saturday.
  9. A-a-Ron

2024 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Can’t be worse than Rocky Point (in Port Moody) on a summers day. It’s a rookie haven there. Highly entertaining though.
  10. A-a-Ron

Galiano Salmon Classic - Sat. May 27, 2023

Aren’t you the one with the floating apartment? But if you’re serious, hop on with me. I got a floor at my cabin you can sleep on. And if you’re on my boat, you may just be able to get a sniff of the “ling king” vibe once again 🙃😉
  11. A-a-Ron

Last couple March’s you guys also were allowed slot wild 45-67cm if I’m correct. Just clawing back the fishery little by little. Death by 1000 cuts.
  12. A-a-Ron

Awesome. Following this thread closely and living vicariously until late March, coming for a couple days to try and get my first Hali… I think I got ‘er mostly figured but if anyone wants to DM me their honey hole, I’ll listen 😂
  13. A-a-Ron

Galiano Salmon Classic - Sat. May 27, 2023

@Last_Call are we having a derby again this May?
  14. A-a-Ron

Re: Prawn. On Sunday I’m pretty sure one of my sets got poached also. One pair of traps had a bit less than expected but still about 35-40 in each trap. The other set was a big double-zero. Not exact same spot but pretty close by. I left it a bit long (7am-2:30pm). Poachers were...
  15. A-a-Ron

All but one of the keepers on my boat this winter have been hatchery, so like 90%. The only wild was the biggest one 79cm/15lb. On the flip side, like 80% of the undersized have been wilds. Kinda strange.
  16. A-a-Ron

Thrasher had a good bite going today, I was late to the party around 11am after striking out at Entrance. Got into a 64 & 66 keeper and couple missed hits, couple unders. Other rods going off and nets out as well. Oh yeah… by striking out at Entrance I mean no fish there and 2 rigger balls...
  17. A-a-Ron

Port Moody Boat Launch $$$$$

It showed up a few times on my card statement… 😬
  18. A-a-Ron

2024 Nanaimo Reports

Tight lips over here 😉 How’s Entrance been? Sundays forecast is screaming at me to make the crossing…
  19. A-a-Ron

Port Moody Boat Launch $$$$$

Pretty sure Rocky Point last year was $26.25 if memory serves
Back