Search results

1. Alison2

Campbell River - request for assistance tomorrow March 25

Cancel request thanks
  2. Alison2

Campbell River - request for assistance tomorrow March 25

Bit of an unusual request. We have a family member going to court tomorrow at 9 am and we’d like to know what happens to him. It’s a serious charge and he’s not communicating with us. We’re on the mainland and just found this out. We’ll pay for you time. Message me if your interested. Thanks.
  3. Alison2

port eliza lodge

Port Eliza's location is pretty sweet. A few minutes to some of the best fishing grounds. We've been up there for a few years now at the end of June or early July. Jim (the owner) has always been part owner but is full owner now. He is very accommodating depending on what you are looking for...
  4. Alison2

Might Be Looking For a Change

My buddy is an avid hunter and said recently, if you want to ruin hunting, become a guide and if you want to ruin guiding, become an outfitter. Being happy at what you do is one of the most important things.
  5. Alison2

2024 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Was out yesterday for a few hours. Had the place to ourselves. Only a few unders at waterfall and grace. One downrigger had no power and I didn’t bring my tools to fix it. Found that out when it was 190’ down. Had to stack after that. Prawning was really good. The best haul we’ve had in years...
  6. Alison2

Wedding Venue (Lodge etc) in Lower Mainland?

Check out Minnekhada Lodge. We had 60 at our wedding there (that would be the max). Lots of history and very private. Open for the public to look around inside on the first Sunday of the month. You won't be disappointed. https://metrovancouver.org/services/regional-parks/facility/minnekhada-lodge
  7. Alison2

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Looking ahead, so far, the weather and winds for Monday Jan. 1st are setting the stage for another special first report of the 2024 year by one of our biggest contributors to the forum. :) Looking forward to a good read and a few pics.
  8. Alison2

Mexico Fishing Trips

Just got back from Cabo a few weeks ago and fished again with El Budster as they have been good to us over the years. We usually fish early in our trip so we have fish in the fridge and freezer for our entire stay. We told them we wanted to target tuna and dorado and didn't want marlin. We got...
  9. Alison2

Christmas Giveaway from West Coast Fishing Tackle

Thanks Jeff and WCFT team! A great local company with great products and good people. Happy to support them!
  10. Alison2

Mistakes

In the early days of launching, I took all the trailer straps off a bit too far away from the water on a low tide. You probably know what comes next....my wife was climbing in to the boat and the boat started to slide backwards. She yelled "not yet!":mad: as she thought I was backing the boat...
  11. Alison2

Christmas Giveaway from West Coast Fishing Tackle

Had our friend out with us and his 5 year old son. This is him reeling in the fish with my wife supporting him, me netting and the dad taking the pic. The kids first ever fish and he played it well.
  12. Alison2

Zebellos August 2024, What can you tell me about it?

When talking to some locals up in these areas about taking gravel roads, they suggested covering your engines’ water intake to keep the dust out and making sure your engine hood is secure as many people have lost theirs on the bumpy road. If you decide to take gravel the key is going super sloooow.
  13. Alison2

Your Hotrod or Classic Car Pics

I bought a 66 Pontiac over 30 years ago as a second car and have saved about $800 a year on insurance. That $25,000 in insurance savings has paid for the car 6 times over. So....if you're looking for some information to support your argument with another person in the house to buy an old car...
  14. Alison2

That would be great ab1752. Thanks. Love seeing what others have and the stories behind them. We get approached so often by others who wished they hadn't sold their old car to do a kitchen reno :(
  15. Alison2

We've had the 66 Beaumont for 30+ years and will never sell it. All stock (except the wheels) and we're the third owners. The only thing that doesn't work is the radio but even if it worked I'd rather listen to the engine when driving. The 68 Firebird is fairly new to us and is all stock (400...
  16. Alison2

Ya. We chatted with reeltime who was out before us and he did well early.
  17. Alison2

Sandheads was slow for most I think. Had to put our time in and landed 3 nice ones. The first two were a double header causing chaos and tense moments when they crossed one another a few times. Anchovies at 44’ in the morning and 83 later in the day.
  18. Alison2

Finished the day early at sandheads but had to go down to 100’ to get them. Lots of happy yelling from boats and nets out. Pretty hot here.
  19. Alison2

It’s an old scale. Fish calculator says 31 pounds.
Back