Search results

1. Morty

How to Sell for a good price (IMHO)

I recently sold my Arima. Did a lot of research first to learn a market value. Advertised it on AutoTrader.ca, Craigslist Vancouver, Canadian Listed, and Facebook Marketplace. 95% of the inquiries I received were from Craigslist. The ultimate buyer was from near Portland OR and was here in...
  2. Morty

FS Arima SL-22 Sea Legend

No BC Sales Tax to U.S. buyers Rarely available, this very clean Arima 22 Sea Legend is in great mechanical and cosmetic condition. She was sold new in 2014. This is the first Sea Legend that Dan built under the Defiance banner. Bottom has never been painted - waxed yearly. Only one time...
  3. Morty

Duty on parts from Japan?

Bottom line: has anyone bought from Japan, and is there Canadian Duty? It's time to rebuild the water pump on my Honda 225 OB. The full kit is close to $400 from Honda Canada. eBay.ca has genuine kits from the US at around $250 Cdn shipped free to Point Roberts, But direct from Japan...
  4. Morty

Another prawn fisher fined - $18,000 this time

https://www.nsnews.com/local-news/prawn-fishing-fine-howe-sound-vancouver-bc-6169884
  5. Morty

I'm looking for new fishing partner(s)

Finding that handling all the trolling activities on my own makes for a challenging/tiring day. My 2 fishing buddies have passed away and my family is now too busy to come out with me. No set schedule - I look for favorable wind and waves so fishing can randomly be any day of the week. I run...
  6. Morty

Lat/Lon for restricted areas re. SRKW regulations ??

What are the Lat Lon coordinates for the new restricted areas? Particularly the new Fraser North Arm no salmon fishing zone.
  7. Morty

Great letter to Minister from BC MPs re. MSF

Here's a recent awesome letter from several BC MPs (see signatures at bottom of letter) Letter to DFO from BC MPs I see support from NDP, Green Party, and numerous Conservatives. Not seeing many Liberals though. ?? Worth remembering.
  8. Morty

Water Vapour / Steam in outboard exhaust.

Is it normal to have a cloud of water vapour coming out of the outboard exhaust after the engine is warmed up and running on water intake muffs at home?
  9. Morty

How to rinse mooching reels & line for winter storage. ??

Looking for advice on how to prep salt water mooching reels for winter storage. Would like advice about if & how the line should be rinsed as well.
  10. Morty

Timely opportunity to take action

IMPORTANT - now that fishing is slowing down and there's a Provincial election in progress we likely each have some time now to take action on getting the regulations improved. I suggest that each of us in some way approach every candidate in our riding (at debates, by phone, email,...) with...
  11. Morty

Anyone own a 2000's Honda 9.9 ?

I have a problem with the tilt lock return spring breaking on my 2014. 4 in 2 years. I think it's been installed incorrectly or they're giving me the wrong part. If you have a 9.9 that the tilt spring isn't breaking, can you please send me a picture of how that spring is installed?
  12. Morty

WANTED - Coated Salmon Net

Anyone have a source for a Chinook sized, hook-free, vinyl coated, salmon net? I can likely gaff release the obvious undersized fist and don't want to harm the ones that are just-under legal with a knotted, uncoated net. Also find it time consuming getting hooks out of uncoated net mesh.
  13. Morty

Straighten bent Scotty boom. (suggestions)

Seems one of my Scotty 60" booms got bent when my gear connected with a well-anchored crab trap. There's about 1/4" bow in both tubes and that's preventing them from extending without a lot of effort. I have the boom stripped down to just bare tubes so far, and do have a 12 ton bottle jack...
  14. Morty

Best Gaff (equipment, not miskake)

Upcoming will be my first Springtime salmon fishing in Vancouver area salt. It's time to get a gaff for releasing under-size. I see two basic types out there; ones with a semi-circular hook, and others with just an angular bend. Which is better for releasing fish in the water boatside?
  15. Morty

Caution!! - Phantom Snag at Sandheads

I accidently created a phantom snag in the Sandheads area. It's about 1km directly north of the Sandheads station. Got snagged up on a crab trap and my weight clip opened and the cannonball broke off. End result was the weight caused the trap float to sink. Didn't think to get Lat Lon off my...
  16. Morty

Yellow and Solar buoys new T-10

Slightly north-west of T-10 there is a yellow, and a solar buoy. Can someone tell me what those are? And if there's an exclusion zone around them?
  17. Morty

Repairing Scotty Dowrigger Release clips.

I had a bad tangle when stacking and the downrigger releases got so tangled and tight that their 120lb mono line became like a permanent spring and IMHO useless as a release. I have the 2 large stainless 'hairpins' and the black/yellow end-clips and want to replace the connecting leader. I...
  18. Morty

80cm Chinook reg gone?

Has the max 80cm Chinook retention rule been rescinded? It doesn't appear in the Regulations nor Restrictions. ???
  19. Morty

Need all the help I can get

Heading over from Richmond to Thrasher / Nanaimo area for the first time on Thursday (July 25). This will be my first time. Only experience I have so far is Sockeye at Sandheads last year. Have been reading all your comments about gear and bait, so I'm hopefully 'prepared' to try most things...
Back