Search results

1. Tom Mac

Replacing original hooks on spoons

I have never had a hook on a AP fail, they look to be quite nice, but I did have a issue with a split ring straighting out. I would think I was seconds from losing a nice fish and my spoon. The ring was straight with a bit of hook on each end, came detached from the spoon in the net. As far as...
  2. Tom Mac

Best smoker's

I switched to to P 10 Bradley, game changer for me. Two elements, built in temp probs and can be set to the temp you would like to cook at.
  3. Tom Mac

What do you think about these?

My sausage stuffer is from Vevor, works fine but you can tell its not the best quality, I would not want steering of the same quality as my stuffer.
  4. Tom Mac

Shop knocked over my kicker. Double Eagle 185 Kicker Replacement suggestions?

I have both, 8 hp high thrust Yamaha kicker on my Arima and the 9.9 hp EFI Suzuki on my tinny. Both great outboards, but the EFI sure starts nice, and no screwing around with chokes, click of the key and running. I can t see it making a diffence in loudness.
  5. Tom Mac

F350 4X4 for sale

Where are you located?
  6. Tom Mac

2022 Sooke Reports

Hooked into one of them ugly things last year! one long run it came to the surface and snaped off my spoon! Hope it got a infection from the hook.
  7. Tom Mac

Cuts of meat on sale

X3 untill I clicked on the pic!
  8. Tom Mac

Currents off of Sooke (General Area)

I use this as well, just get the yearly updated page guide thingy for the book. Works great, somtimes you don;t have to move to far to not be trolling backwards!
  9. Tom Mac

Scotty 162 Ball Mounts

Both are now sold
  10. Tom Mac

Boat Seat with swivel mount $75

Have a boat seat that I used in my last 12 foot tinny that I no longer need. Its in very good shape and comes with a swivel mount for bench seats.
  11. Tom Mac

Scotty 162 Ball Mounts

One has sold, one left!
  12. Tom Mac

Just for a laugh.....

Looks like it could be a bit top heavy
  13. Tom Mac

12 foot Tinny Refit

Understand what you are saying Profisher, have had to the odd time in my Lowe 12 foot tinny use the tiller extender and sit forward on a tackle box to go in. Not planing any ocean fishing with this little boat have a nice Arima for the big water and she looks after the chop and wind a champ...
  14. Tom Mac

12 foot Tinny Refit

I'm not to worried about balance, the WC boats are deep, heavy (12 foot is 208 lbs) and wide (61 inches). I looked far and wide for this model for just this reason. Here is a picture of one running at speed with one person from the internet, I will be heading up to Horn Lake this weekend camping...
  15. Tom Mac

12 foot Tinny Refit

The boat has now been fully out fitted, 9.9 hp out board, electric out board, seats, down riggers, rod holders etc. Check out the photos.
  16. Tom Mac

Scotty 162 Ball Mounts

I have 2 Scotty Ball Mounts that are not going to work for me. Paid $52 each, will take $35. Could be used for rod holders, Gopros, I pads etc. These are new, unused and are located in Cowichan Bay.
  17. Tom Mac

Knot in anchor chain

Odd, what kind of chain, with a pair of gloves on you should e able to let it fall very quickly with a small amout of friction and keep it under control. Is it geting a over hand knot or is the chain jaming up with a link side ways? You might have the wrong type of chain. You could as well add a...
  18. Tom Mac

Stern Tying when anchoring set-ups -Shoreline reels (made in North Vancouver)

I spliced up double brade for my project managers Ocean Alexander, think it would be better than poly, nicer to handle and takes knots better.
  19. Tom Mac

What's your mower ?

The old ones you got at Sears would last for years, mine lasted 21 years on the origanal oil !! fuel line rotted off it, replaced it with a Husqvarna, only half the mower the Craftsman was.
  20. Tom Mac

What's your mower ?

Older, 42 inch 21 horse Craftsman ride on with beer holder, can almost cut hay with it. 20 inch Husqvarna push mower for the corners and tight spots (no beer holder).
Back