Search results

1. Mike1266

Fishing around comox in July

Hello, I will be going to the comox area with a small boat to do some fishing. I have never fished the area before, so I am wondering if there is decent fishing to be had in this area (doesn't have to be salmon, I love to bring back a rockfish or lingcod for dinner as well). I am equipped for...
  2. Mike1266

WANTED prawn traps

Anyone looking to sell some prawn traps on the mainland side? I had 3 sets stolen last year and I'm looking to replace them.
  3. Mike1266

Crossing the strait this Saturday

Possibly planning a crossing this Saturday morning across to Gabriola, planning to start heading back around 4-5pm. Would anyone be interested in crossing together? I'm on a smaller 16ft boat, crossed many times before. Conditions look great, will have to check again Friday evening.
  4. Mike1266

Fish ID

Caught in my prawn trap, it’s got a very rigid body and spikes all over. Anyone know the name?
  5. Mike1266

Kicker steering

looking for a kicker steering linkage..
  6. Mike1266

Mercury outboard lifting ring

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone has a mercury outboard lifting ring in the lower mainland that I could buy or maybe borrow for some beers maybe? I have a 1986 mercury 50hp 2 stroke "classic" model that I've been working on, I got everything else good but now I've got a leaking water jacket...
  7. Mike1266

WANTED: Boat Seats and Fish Finder

Looking for a couple of boat seats with a pedestal mount to throw on my new project boat. Better if it has a swivel base. Also looking for a cheap fish finder, a garmin striker 4 would be best as I am most familiar with that unit. Not looking to pay too much, but will pay for anything...
  8. Mike1266

Buying used boat question

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a used boat, and was wondering if the only way to tow the trailer home is to transfer the ownership before I drive off with it? Is there a temporary thing that allows you to tow the boat home first and then transfer the trailer? Wondering what people usually do...
  9. Mike1266

Looking for a budget boat package 14-18 ft

I'm looking to purchase a low budget boat for some fishing.. must have boat, trailer, and motor that is working good and no rots in the hull.. MINOR engine problems OK.. minor cosmetic issues OK.. as long as there is no major problem I will consider. Year doesn't matter as much as the...
  10. Mike1266

MerCruiser Gimbal Bearing Dimensions

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has the exact dimensions of an Alpha one Gen 2 gimbal bearing, specifically the diameter? I am planning to machine a gimbal bearing drive head but can't seem to find dimensions anywhere.. and I do not have access to the boat right now. Thanks in advance
  11. Mike1266

De-winterizing boat

Boating season is just around the corner, and I can't wait to get my boat back up and running for some fishing action. I need some advice regarding de-winterizing my boat. This year will be my first full season with my new-to-me boat, it is a 17.5ft with a mercruiser 3.0LX inboard/outboard...
  12. Mike1266

Lots of good stuff on this forum...

So time to de-winterize the boat is just around the corner, and I'm really itching to get out there. Had some time on my hands and thought I would go through past postings on this forum, starting from the very first one posted. I'm about a week in, around an hr or two of reading a day, and I'm...
  13. Mike1266

Shore fishing in the winter...

With the boat winterized and desperate for some fishing action.. where can a man go to get some fish on the hook? Flounders, herring, whatever. I know it might be tough to get a bite this time of year.. any suggestions?
  14. Mike1266

Freezing brined anchovy

Hi guys, I was wondering if anchovies are still any good when I freeze them in super concentrated brine? (about 1L of water and a LOT of salt, mixed in until it won't dissolve anymore). I left it in the freezer for a few days now and the water obviously is not frozen. Does this affect the...
  15. Mike1266

Deep Six Divers for Salmon /

Hi guys, I'm planning to troll off West Van for some salmon, and was wondering if it's worth the effort, as I've only got a deep six diver to work with. It will dive to a maximum of 80 ft, but my problem is that I will be trolling with a stern drive engine and the slowest it will go is maybe...
  16. Mike1266

Canada Day Boating

Hey everyone, I'm looking to take my ski boat out for Canada Day, but I'm not sure it would be the best idea if I'm going to be stuck in a big crowd waiting to launch/retrieve my boat. I haven't gone out for Canada Day in the past, does anyone have an idea of how busy the lakes might be, and if...
  17. Mike1266

Crab trap for sale stainless steel $100

Selling a stainless steel crab trap $100
Back