Search results

1. S

Guiding: QCL or Rivers Inlet Sportman’s Club

Not sure if you are single or not but QCL always has some pretty cute girls working up there. Just make sure not to spend your whole pay check at the staff bar (happened more than you'd think back in the day)!
  2. S

FN0294 FishingBC App Catch Log will now Sync to Your License and is a Valid Record, even when Offline

Man I get a kick out of people instantly bitching about news like this. This is so overdue and so much more convenient. Not to mention it should provide much more accurate catch data (think halibut exploitation) for in season management decisions.
  3. S

Vacation in British Columbia/ Alberta - some kindly questions

https://www.gofishbc.com Everything you need to know about lake fishing in BC is on this website. Which lakes are stocked, license info and the where to fish map will tell you what lakes have docks to fish off of. Once you are here make sure to visit the local tackle stores in each town. For...
  4. S

Crab Fishing and Organized Crime

Bravo to the CO's for finding a creative way to hold someone accountable. They are actively told by their superiors and politicians that FN is off limits, not to mention the parade of court cases that increase the commercial rights of FN fisheries. So this way they cut off some of the...
  5. S

40th bday charter/lodge ideas?

http://sunsetcharters.ca/charter-rates/ Check these guys out of Rupert. Not a lodge but they do have an epic floating dock setup with wall tents that is an awesome place to spend a few nights.
  6. S

Hooks on Gibbs Spoons.

you sound like a guy that hates catching fish lol
  7. S

Tales From The Tyee Pool.....2023

Seems like a really solid year so far, how is it stacking up to the last 5-10 years?
  8. S

Rubber Landing Net Options

The Gibbs one I have works great, has lasted for quite a few years. One mistake I see people make all the time is they hoist large chinook over the side holding the net horizontally instead of turning it vertical to lift over.
  9. S

Taking DFO to Court

that 300K includes every license written for lodge and guide guests, so you can imagine how many of those people actively follow the politics of our fishery. You would think that the guides in Renfrew would be hitting every guest up for a donation but that does not seem the case.
  10. S

Terry Beech Response

I got the same form email from that toolbox
  11. S

Trolling Reels - Anything New?

I think I have used most commonly found mooching reels on the market at some point. Daiwa, Shimano, Trophy, Admunsen, Peetz, all models of Islander, Abel, Hardy, and many that have come and gone as well. All will catch fish. Key for me, and where a well maintained Islander (very easy and cheap...
  12. S

Ling Jigs - Power Paddle/ Megabite

I have been really liking the new octopus from Gibbs Delta. Great on spreader bar or put your own jighead in. Allows you to use different weights for different fishing depths. They have held up well over multiple fish so far and much less expensive when you are not paying for the jig head every...
  13. S

Brand New In Box Islander MR3 Magenta

BNIB Islander MR3 Magenta Special Edition Colour Got this beauty for my wife for Christmas but she has decided she needs the new Sea Foam one... Long story short the happier she is the more I get to fish so hoping to get what I paid for this minus the taxes. It has never been spooled, really a...
  14. S

4hp 4 stroke Mercury

Is the motor short shaft or long shaft?
  15. S

Fishing lodges recommendations

The most off the beaten path up there is the Outpost Lodge for West Coast Fishing Club. Very small lodge and usually has a top notch crew.
  16. S

Fishing lodges recommendations

Hard to beat the Haida Gwaii then. Very special place to go check out if you have never been. Any lodge on the on the north end of Graham Island or Langara is very cool. No knocks on anywhere else on the coast but that place has to be seen at least once. Just make sure you are aware if a lodge...
  17. S

Islander MR3 drag

I would call Islander again and simply tell them something is wrong and cannot be trouble shot over the phone as you have already tried. Have it sent back and checked out. Their reel repair guys are pros and will be able to find out what is wrong. Guy you spoke to was probably just having a bad...
Back