Search results

1. joe average

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

I am, Hoping to get through early Saturday morn.
  2. joe average

Heading to Poett Nook Saturday, Pretty excited to get back there for a week.. Hopefully the roads wiill not be an issue.
  3. joe average

Bamfield fish processing?

Do you cut each fillet in multiple pieces? I was thinking of doing that and just keep them seperated in there own bags.
  4. joe average

We have and only Caught small lings and rockfish never any Halibut.
  5. joe average

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I always see the reports of traps being stolen and had a thought the other day when my brother in laws dog got lost and took 7 days to find him, I looked into a gps for dogs. They are not that expensive to put on a dogs collar and I bet they could be waterproofed and put in a bouy and the hunt...
  6. joe average

Brad's Super Bait Cut Plug and Mini Cut Plug

Yes I use them down here in the states and also when I go to Bamfield every August, And I have great luck on them, There is a way to rig them and color is huge. Some years Green is hot, some years blue is hot, sometimes its off the wall color. I will put anchovie or herring fillet inside. Run a...
  7. joe average

2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Just got back from poett nook fished sat to Fri. Same report as everyone got fish pretty much everywhere. Chinooks on lemon lime flasher with herring aide skinny G at 44' and coho's purple haze flasher with purple haze hootchie 30" leader at 33' at 3 to 3.5 mph.
  8. joe average

2019 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Heading out for poett nook in the morning super excited, I will post a report how we do.
  9. joe average

Offshore water conditions

Thanks again
  10. joe average

Thanks for the info.
  11. joe average

For offshore water conditions does everyone look at the NOAA bouy site? And is at accurate ? What is a wave height and time that is relitively calm and fishable. I will be out near Bamfield in a couple weeks just wondering the best way to check water conditions or just head out and see and if...
  12. joe average

Replacement hooks - your "go to"

Owner stinger siwash hooks 3/0 to replace hooks on spoons works great for me.
  13. joe average

Rod Storage at Home Ideas

I built this out of 1" and some 1 1/4" pvc pipe and works good, Keeps the rods close the wall out of the way. And it holds all different rod lengths and styles fine.
  14. joe average

And so begins my 1st Bamfield adventure!

Just got back yesterday, The fishing was picking up. We did good caught lots of fish in the 15lb range, lemon lime flasher or red racer flasher with 3.5 green/white or yellow/chrome skinny G's @ 40'-45' all inside around Kirby to meathole.
  15. joe average

Why are you a better fisherman?

I don't think I am better than any other fisherman here, But I do my homework of where I am going to fish, Read reports, Forums , Whatever I need to, to get a clue of what to start with. Color, Depth, leader length. I keep my gear clean and new looking except for teeth marks. Trust my...
  16. joe average

Anchoring question

I run 20' of chain but I did not know how much current is out there with 300' would be safe. I anchor in big rivers just don't normally anchor that deep. I will probably just play it safe and drift it or troll.
  17. joe average

Anchoring question

Ok , Thanks for the answers.
  18. joe average

Anchoring question

I am going to fish out of Bamfield in Aug. and I wondering if 300' of line if enough to anchor on some of the banks out in front for halibut.
Back