Search results

1. A

What do you think is the best transducer? Why?

Yeah you bet, the guy before me had the cabin cut off and raised with bigger windows. No doors either, and the deck is all one level. Works for me cause I’ll be chartering out of this boat so it’ll be nice with guests, they can be out of the weather but still be able to see the rods and have a...
  2. A

Currently at InaMarine in Langford getting a new 300 Merc SeaPro and 15 prokicker put on. Like I said in the original post. About as broke as it gets now. Can’t take it with ya though right!
  3. A

Thanks for the response! I’ve read all the build threads on the boats along with yours! Is this going to be an accidental hourston build thread? Her name is TailChaser Here’s a few pics of the process so far.
  4. A

Hey everyone, So I’m just in the middle of finalizing everything on my boat. Podded out a 23 Hourston etc etc broke as it gets now with a couple new motors and here I am asking about transducers. Running a Lowrance Elite 7ti2 and a HDS9 Carbon. I’ve got two transducers as it sits, an airmar p66...
  5. A

Angling in Sooke - August

Just a note on the c&r aspect, I’d suggest everyone gets a measuring tape, one of the ones you roll up. If you have a good catch and release net, there nothing wrong with leaving the bag in the water and leaning over to measure it in the net. From there you can make your decision without doing...
  6. A

Striper 2301 and 2601 ride quality vs Double Eagle and Gradys

Hey man, all the power to ya. I got nothing against those who love them. They definitely have a following. I owned one for 5 years, a 1993 2059? I’ll never get another. In my experience and the majority of people that I know agree that they’re not the best boats. My buddy had a 2004 2359 with...
  7. A

Oh, and trim tabs are your best friend. Will make a world of a difference on nearly any boat you put them on. Having the ability to adjust your bow will make your ride 100000x smoother
  8. A

I’ve been fortunate to have gained a decent bit of experience on many boats. I’ve guided and run a Grady 232 Gulfstream (300hp verado) and seen some nasty weather in it and I trust that more than most other boats. If you’ve been on a Grady you understand how brilliant of a boat they are. I...
  9. A

What month will the Coho start showing up ?

No that’s totally fair. It works for me maybe doesn’t for others.
  10. A

River boy, with all due respect of course, I would suggest looking up how to release a fish with a gaff. You'll never touch it, you wont net it, and she'll swim to see another day. I don't know how you release your fish but thats how I do it and I can guarantee the fish I let go are unharmed -...
  11. A

2019 Sooke Reports

Was out today before the announcement was made. Went 6/12 at aldridge for salmon. They're all over the water column. 63ft-149ft. We had a killer day on the water and came in to really bad news
  12. A

end of august in sooke is when she picks up
  13. A

How Do You Get through The Tough Times On The Water?

Stizzla, if we didn't get skunked, we wouldn't appreciate the fish we catch. Nothing in the world beats a first light tach while taking your first sip of coffee. Enjoy the time out there and thank the ocean. Go to where the fish are. If you've got a trailer go launch at macaulay or cattle point...
  14. A

And so it begins....

Killer boat! Congratulations man, she's gonna get em!
  15. A

2019 Sooke Reports

Been slow the last few trips. Couple nice ones from Constance last week but nothing in/around the Sooke area. Hoping to start picking up soon. Been trying everything we know..
  16. A

2019 Sooke Reports

Was out yesterday for a couple hours. Got one at the Bedford’s there at 70ft and missed on other good hit. 2 shakers hit my bait on the surface before I could get it down. Saw a couple guys at Cheanuh with 2 nice Hali’s and heard that one guy got a 20 at whirl bay
  17. A

2019 Sooke Reports

I’ve been out a few times in the last couple weeks, nothin but a couple little shakers. Haven’t been seeing anyone catching either. Some of the local guides seem to be killin it but that’s them. Thinking of going to try for some hali tomorrow, tides look great. Any suggestions on spots in/around...
  18. A

Reels....Explain the differences to me...Islander, Amundson, Trophy, etc

I’ve used the Peetz, Trophy, Amundson, Islander and Abel’s. I started out with shimano gt2000 reels and I’d sooner get those before trophy’s. Go islander. Don’t waste your money or time. Islander will last you forever and their customer service is incredible. When you pick up a trophy/amundson...
  19. A

2019 Sooke Reports

Out in Whirl on Sunday Jan 13th, Got lines down at about 10 AM with a slow start to the day. Eb tide so we decided to try between church rock and the bedfords. Still nothing. Fish TV was showing marks in the 60-70ft range in 130ft of water. Around 11:45 we decided F it lets try it out. Raised...
  20. A

2018 Sooke Reports

I did that yesterday. Bought $100 worth. Let’s get everyone to make it happen!
Back