Search results

1. A

Chinook bycatch by BC trawlers

Just saw this story on Global. Makes my blood boil. There probably won’t be any consequences or anyone held responsible though. With everything we go through to avoid catching these fish it’s crazy that this isn’t being regulated more. Thoughts...
  2. A

Flushing outboards off the grid

My plan is to take a 1000L tote and a sump pump connected to a garden hose. Then hook up my outboards to the garden hose to flush after use. We don’t have running water on this property but we do have electricity. I didn’t want to use a barrel to stop the open water from attracting mosquitos...
  3. A

Outboard cover

Last summer I had a guy tell me that I should get an outboard cover for driving up the logging roads. That the dust could get inside the motors. Made sense to me and given that I’m forced to keep boat outside for the winter, I thought maybe I’d buy a couple. Just curious if anyone uses outboard...
  4. A

French Creek concerns

Making rounds on Facebook if you’re in the French Creek area.
  5. A

Comox Marina theft

Just a heads up a buddy of mine who parks his boat at the marina had his fishing gear stolen the other night. He lost four salmon rods, two hali rods and some tackle. Most of it was locked up. But they managed to get it anyways.
  6. A

Traeger vs. Bradley

My Bradley smoker broke down on me with three rounds of candied salmon ready to go. I was a bit frustrated as it’s less than a year old. Bradley was awesome though. They’re covering me through their warranty. Not sure what to do; I fired up my Ironwood 620 Traeger. Set it at 165F and put on the...
  7. A

Airmar transducer

Anyone running these transducers? In particular the 1kW one? Just curious if they’re worth the upgrade from the stock transducer that came along with my HDS live unit. Thanks.
  8. A

Bute pointers

Thinking of heading up there to check things out. Just wondering if anyone had any advice or pointers especially for this time of year? Salmon, prawns and crab is what we are hoping to find.
  9. A

A couple of prawn questions

Hi everyone Just curious if anyone has ever tried pickled prawns? Just heard of this and I thought I’d try it. Any tips would be appreciated. Speaking of which I went and caught some the other day near Hornby. After cooking them I noticed a significant amount of soft and mushy prawns. Am I...
  10. A

Crabbing question

Any good crab fishing near Toquart Bay? I know the Ukee harbour is good but I was hoping maybe someone could point me in the right direction near TB? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you
  11. A

Lowrance Live

anyone take the plunge and buy this unit? Just curious if it’s worth upgrading from a HDS gen 3
Back