Search results

1. A

Chinook bycatch by BC trawlers

Just saw this story on Global. Makes my blood boil. There probably won’t be any consequences or anyone held responsible though. With everything we go through to avoid catching these fish it’s crazy that this isn’t being regulated more. Thoughts...
  2. A

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Fished Swale the day before yesterday. Did well on white hootchies at 45 feet tight to the beach. Good way to end the season.
  3. A

Need a hand with salmon trolling

Are you fishing your flashers upside down? I’ve seen some fishers do that in the past? I’d use 40# test mono to tie your spoons. 5 foot leaders for spring and 3 for coho. I’d go with braid on the downriggers. Sorry you’re having some troubles. It can be frustrating.
  4. A

2023 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Caught a 72 and 77 today at the hump. Lots of bait. Used green flashers and green coho killers at 150 and 185 feet. Lots of boats.
  5. A

Flushing outboards off the grid

Awesome. Appreciate the photo. I’ll give that a try.
  6. A

Flushing outboards off the grid

My plan is to take a 1000L tote and a sump pump connected to a garden hose. Then hook up my outboards to the garden hose to flush after use. We don’t have running water on this property but we do have electricity. I didn’t want to use a barrel to stop the open water from attracting mosquitos...
  7. A

Early Halibut Opening

Thank you for the replies. Did everyone’s TAC get lowered? The Alaskans are taking less too?
  8. A

Early Halibut Opening

880,250 lbs of TAC for the recreational sector. What was last years? Does anyone know? At one a day I doubt we’d come close to fulfilling that?! Plus I found this in the 2023 IPHC report: “ 1) In all waters off British Columbia:6, 7 (a) the recreational (sport) fishing season will open on...
  9. A

Some Great Information on SKRW Survey and Chinook Numbers from Jason Tonelli.

Crazy to me that Don Cherry says “those people” and he’s tossed faster than berried prawn but Justin says those people, “fringe people” technically, and he carries on.
  10. A

Outboard cover

Last summer I had a guy tell me that I should get an outboard cover for driving up the logging roads. That the dust could get inside the motors. Made sense to me and given that I’m forced to keep boat outside for the winter, I thought maybe I’d buy a couple. Just curious if anyone uses outboard...
  11. A

Mexico Fishing Trips

Marlin are apparently high in Mercury. Something to consider depending on your health and situation.
  12. A

Mexico Fishing Trips

Just got back from Cabo saw the Bisbee tournament. 219 boats. Some beautiful fish but fishing seemed slow as compared to previous years. We went out for a day. Booked through Lands End charters. It was an ok experience. Ended up with one striped Marlin. 105 lbs according to the guides. Seemed...
  13. A

Westjet ruins fishing trip

You actually aren’t dealing with Westjet staff until you get on the airplane. The CSAs are contracted employees from Menzies.
  14. A

French Creek concerns

Making rounds on Facebook if you’re in the French Creek area.
  15. A

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Six keepers at Swale today. On coho killers at 120-150 feet. Lots of action
  16. A

Went to big bank yesterday and limited out on hali. All chickens. Nothing over 30 lbs. Used herring as bait. Great day
  17. A

Any fishing reports or just parking reports?!
  18. A

2021 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Was it a HMM container ship? If so he’s been there for at least a week then. Strange
  19. A

2021 Campbell River Reports

Fished the green can last night. Tons of bait along the south shore of Quadra. Had a couple of bites on the Blue meanie hootchy but didn’t get anything to the boat unfortunately.
  20. A

2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Had 3 keeper springs at Grant’s reef yesterday evening. Down deep at 200 feet on coho killers. A half dozen or so shakers.
Back