Search results

1. N

Intersting fishing tackle history in BC - The ones who helped form local fishing habits.

Thanks for sharing, I always though Big Butch produced the Pintail
  2. N

3D printed plugs

Wow Great Job!! Can we test some out..
  3. N

When your buddy says...

Very nice selection of some fine PNW plugs!!!
  4. N

Tomic plugs

Lucky Louie’s will catch fish!
  5. N

Polishing old commercial salmon spoons

Gramps used the duranickel needle point (Lew Morrison) on the OG spoons. Don’t think you can find them now
  6. N

I wouldn’t cut the rings off I would cut the hook off and leave the ring and add an open eye hook on. I would also avoid tying line to a spilt ring..
  7. N

I have used this product for all my OG spoons with great success. My Grandfather was also a commercial troller and got me addicted. If you have a bunch to clean and polish I would also recommend grabbing a polishing ball that will attach to a cordless drill, will make the job easier. I first...
  8. N

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Saturday morning headed back out to find some feisty Coho. Apparently we need some for the canner now so we left the dock at 7 with Mom and Dad. Deployed the gear in the same spot as last time out (Red Light) and this time around we decided to fish the exact flasher and fly combos.The only...
  9. N

Yeah weird I never encountered any of these new boats this summer until now. I assume they were tied up all summer out at Newton cove? I fished around a few of there guided Grady’s and seen a few older tin rental boats around. Their dock at Nootka Sound Resort was full of Grady’s sitting idle...
  10. N

Left the dock yesterday morning at 7am with my Mom and Dad. This was there first trip together this summer. The sky was clear of smoke and the water looked great, so we headed outside too chase some Coho. Down Zuciarte Channel we go and 22 min later Dad spots a couple jumpers so I decided to...
  11. N

Fishing inside has cooled down the last week. Managed to get the wife out Friday night and trolled from camp to the slide and within 1hr we had a pin popper on a plug and just as she grabbed the rod the fish was gone. Turned the boat around and dropped the gear down again and I just sat down...
  12. N

My family made it back out to Nootka after a few days off. This trip we fished mainly inside and there where a few fish around in all the regular spots. We did okay in the morning fish but never really came on fire for us. Night fish was very spotty. Flash Flys (PD / Blue Yellow/ UV Blue Bubble)...
  13. N

Well my family showed up on Saturday to do some camping and fishing.Saturday night we ventured out and fished the Wall and up too Camel rock. Marked bait balls and fish most of the way but no bites on plugs. Did manage too see a few nets out at Camel. Sunday morning we decided to try our luck...
  14. N

Mylar Flash Fly

Thanks Dogbreath, never used these wiggle fin disk before. Will have to try and find some. Have you used them before? I just happen to run a Wiggle Fin Swarm on 1 rigger and works like advertised. Swarm sz Large
  15. N

Mylar Flash Fly

This Mylar appears to be holding up pretty good after several fish. I run them with 40lb mono now never found much of a difference using fluorocarbon. My ruler for leader length is stretched out from tips of fingers to my tit so around 36 inch These where from last year still in decent shape
  16. N

Mylar Flash Fly

Still having fun dabbling with these flash flys and they do produce Springs and Coho. Top producer is the clear pearl glow white combo (AKA PD) Last year UV yellow with baby blue crackled ice and light blue UV head was deadly….never caught a fish with 6 inch all on 4 inch
  17. N

The road is full of washboard on most of the sections and bad on the gravel hills. Only good thing is no logging truck’s hauling right now.
  18. N

Cougar Creek Forestry Rec Site - Nootka Sound

The project is now completed and is wheelchair accessible.
  19. N

Cougar Creek Forestry Rec Site - Nootka Sound

After a few delays and 2 years later the walkway too the docks at Cougar is almost complete
Back