Search results

1. bardfromedson

Got an old boat to sell.

I have an old 85 Sea Ox. cuddy cabin. Have not had time to keep it up and running the last few years. It is the old I/O volvo penta drive. Rebuilt 350. decent kicker. needs new batteries and starter and some TLC to get it running. Trailer is great. New wiring, axels, rims, and tires on a...
  2. bardfromedson

Alternatives to banks to finance fishing lodge

I am looking at buying a fishing lodge in Central America. The books are good and lots of potential to take it to the next level. The owner mentioned the local bank was not interested in financing another potential buyer. My bank in Canada is not too excited about taking on the project. Anyone...
  3. bardfromedson

Colombia River Walleye

hey. Just read about this fishery. anyone try it before? any places to bush camp in may since all the campgrounds are still shut? thanks
  4. bardfromedson

Tuna in Washington fall 2020

Hey. Was thinking of booking a fall trip for albacore. How late in the year can a guy count on to have a good chance at them? I see some boats book June to November. Is early October usually still ideal to go or when does it normally slow down? I’ve been looking at charters out of Westport...
  5. bardfromedson

Looking for opinions on Dual Console boats

Hello. I am in the early process of trying to find my future boat. I would love a cabbed aluminum fishing boat but will never sell the wife and kids on it. I think my only option is something like a striper 23ft dual console or something similar. still can lounge on the boat, maybe pull a...
  6. bardfromedson

Looking for bait and tackle shop

My buddies are picking me up in Nanaimo at around 10 pm. They need to stock up on bait and tackle before they hit the ferry. Can anyone suggest some places they could stop close to the highway between Kamloops and Vancouver?
  7. bardfromedson

Need a safe hotel in Campbell river to park boat

I'm overnighting in Campbell river in July on the way to Esperanza. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel that I don't have to worry about the boat being parked there.
  8. bardfromedson

Wtb. Navionics gold chart chip.

Looking for a chip for BC saltwater that will work in a Humminbird helix 5.
  9. bardfromedson

Need advice on using android tablet as chart plotter

Thinking of picking up an android tablet and using it as a back up chart plotter. (Navionics app) Maybe get the navionics sounder feature after as well. I've never used an android product so I don't know what I need. I've always used apple products. I don't want to buy an iPad because of price...
  10. bardfromedson

Fix or replace axels

I have an 85 sea ox on the same year trailer. Axels are 5 or 6000 drop axels. Hydrolic brakes on 1 axel. Last year had a wreck and blew out a bearing which lead to snapping off a spindle. Cost me a day on the charlottes and an ugly bill. Couldn't track down a large spindle so I'm left with an...
  11. bardfromedson

preferred set ups for deep offshore chinook

What's everyone's go to for offshore chinooks with lure at 100+ fow Do you switch tactics at a certain depth? Uv? Glow?
  12. bardfromedson

Bella coola to shearwater trip. Could use some help

I'm looking at doing a trip out of Bella coola to shearwater. Looking at around 3rd week in July. Just wondering if this is in prime time for the big chinooks or a little early. Also if anyone has info on accomidations that would be great. I see there is a few different cabins and bed and...
  13. bardfromedson

Where to stay overnight with boat in terrace or rupert

Had a boat trailer break down and missed our ferry out to the charlottes. We have to get a room for a night and grab the ferry the next day. Anyone know of a hotel to stay at that our boat and truck that are loaded up with gear won't get messed with? Any hotels with a compound? Terrace or rupert...
  14. bardfromedson

Bait size and type haidi gwaii

Heading out next week to the west side of haidi gwaii. Wondering what size bait to pick up. Also is it worth grabbing any anchovies or just stick to herring. We might only get 1 chance to stock up because of logistics. The processor is holding 20 pounds of herring for me but I have no idea of...
  15. bardfromedson

taking care of prawns

so im getting ready to head out to the west side of haidi gwaii. im going to try prawning for the first time. im wondering how most people take care of prawns when there on the water. do they need to be on ice right away? do you rip the head off then ice? we will be setting traps on the way...
  16. bardfromedson

Fresh water cooling for aq260

I have an 85 volvo penta aq260. Just dropped in a new rebuilt 350 and manifolds. This engine has the raw water pump down on the crank. I'm wondering how a freshwater cooling system would work on this engine. Do I need to get another water pump for the freshwater to make it work? Thinking about...
  17. bardfromedson

how should i set up my downriggers for dummy flashers and inline flashers

hey guys. im getting all my gear straightened out for my big trip out to the west side of haidi gwaii. with the huge fish numbers expected this year I want to get rid of the inline flashers and go with dummies. im trying to decide on the set up to go with. I have old style electrics with...
  18. bardfromedson

using an old anchor puller motor as a pot puller

I have an old electric anchor puller that I have never used. when I got the boat I switched to using the ring and Scotsman. wondering if anyone has used an old anchor puller as a pot puller? its right up in the bow but was thinking it would do the trick. the pulley on it isn't ideal and cant...
  19. bardfromedson

rennell sound road closing. need some advice

talked to the people at the tourism info center over the phone today. im planning on heading out there in july so I wanted to check up on the road status. they said the road from the bottom of the hill to the launch will be permanently closed in may. they are putting in a makeshift launch at...
  20. bardfromedson

Fishing kootney lake

I'm heading to kootney lake for the first time may 10th weekend for the first time. From what I hear they should be spawning. Where should a guy be fishing out of this time of year? Guys trip just pulling the boat out so a cabin rental would be nice but would consider other accomidations if it...
Back