1. T

Petition to the House of Commons

Signed, will share with family and friends as well
  2. T

Canada Banning WD40, Brake Clean, etc.

Where do you buy mystery oil?
  3. T

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Did the water ever clear up? It was the color of glacial runoff when we were there. Totally screwed the bucktailing for coho
  4. T

2023 Ucluelet Reports

I’ve never heard of any on that side. We’ve used the Canadian Princess dock the last couple of years, little pricier but a nice dock ( not falling apart) with freshwater and handy to where we stay
  5. T

Patches

Do you have to have a prescription for it?
  6. T

Island Fires

I think if you hit it early like we did it’s not too bad, we were there around 6:45 and waited around a half hour looks like they let 100 vehicles through at a time. I can’t imagine what it’s costing for the cranes etc. what a massive cluster!
  7. T

Naniamo to Bamfield route?

Came through from Ukee this morning hit the closure about 6:45 waited half hour looks like they’re letting 100 vehicles through at a time
  8. T

Island Fires

Damn our timing sucks, ferry doesn’t arrive at Duke point until 1:30 on Monday. Guess we’ll be chilling in Nanaimo for a bit, be late arrival in Ukee
  9. T

Island Fires

Guess they haven’t heard of a water truck working ahead of a grader
  10. T

9.9 Yamaha

Yamaha 4 stroke 8 hp hi thrust rough idle running super rich, adjusted low speed jet and no difference. Will run with jet fully closed. Any ideas?
  11. T

Island Fires

I’d say that rec fisherman are essential to the local economy. I think businesses in Ukee and Tofino would agree with that. Ukee July 17 -27 yahoo! 😄
  12. T

9.9 Yamaha HT won’t idle low

My Yamaha 8 hp hi thrust ran perfectly until last year, wouldn’t start in the spring had carb cleaned out it ran but stalled at low speed then wouldn’t start unless throttle was wide open and gobbled fuel. Fiddled with carb some more still doesn’t run right seems to be flooding in my opinion...
  13. T

Coho Fishing Tactics off Bowen

Simplify things, bucktail in the prop wash can be a blast and even a chinook will surprise you occasionally
  14. T

Island Fires

Effective today BCWFS is recinding the campfire ban in areas of the interior because the weather forecast is for some rain. How many times the forecast has shown rain only to have it not materialize? WTF are they thinking? Should we not wait to see if it actually happens ? Dry as hell here in...
  15. T

Island Fires

Oh I see it’s the government that raises gas prices before every long weekend !
  16. T

Island Fires

You hit the nail on the head, hit them early and hard with everything available , once a fire is allowed to grow it becomes unmanageable. Unfortunately over the course of the last few years there appears to be too much politics involved. How can a company like Coulson be good enough to fight...
  17. T

Etiquette question: how close is too close off someone's stern?

Yeah some of the guides there are not too friendly and seem to think they own the water which is unfortunate
  18. T

Fraser river sockeye

Is there no newspaper that has the balls to run a story on this if there was a good article put together with all the facts and numbers? I don’t live on the lower mainland but surely someone here has the wherewithal to put together a good letter.
  19. T

Fraser river sockeye

Be a cold day in hell before I ever buy a fking salmon from the side of the road!
  20. T

Fraser river sockeye

Couldn’t agree more how the hell did traditional turn into using modern methods of harvest and no rules! Following tradition should be in the traditional ways of harvesting and commercial should be under a license and the same rules for everyone I don’t give a damn what color you are or when you...
Back