Search results

1. Ground Tackle

Fishing the surface

Haven't posted on this site in over a year, impressed with some of Admin's upgrades to it! I am starting to think about this summer's fishing plans already, going from a sport fishing boat to a cruiser and this summer will be season 1. At this point I am thinking that we most likely won't be...
  2. Ground Tackle

Selling our 2460 Pursuit Denali

Hi all, I haven't posted for awhile and have only been popping in and out over the winter following some of the threads, been offline a lot as we spent all winter/spring doing renos to our house, looks good now that they are complete - but exhausting during the process while working full time...
  3. Ground Tackle

I am starting to think this is definitely an addiction!

Well, I think this boating hobby may be falling into an addiction - I bet many of you are saying well duh!! I am finding myself checking this site out more and more this winter already - normally once the boat is put to bed for the winter I have a tendency to unplug from boating stuff and pick...
  4. Ground Tackle

Smoked Salmon brine recipe wanted - without soya sauce

I know I can go online and find something to try but just wondering if one of you has a good brine that does not have soya sauce in the ingredients? We are currently smoking salmon today and tomorrow and I realized this morning that the tried and true recipe we use from my father-in-law...
  5. Ground Tackle

Navionics boating app problem

The other weekend I went to use the Navionics boating app on my tablet, we were out where there was no wifi access and were running on just gps. I renewed the subscription for the year in July, and all of a sudden it came up saying my free trial was over and to subscribe - I was not impressed...
  6. Ground Tackle

2009 Suzuki 4 hp – 4 stroke, short shaft for sale

We have this for sale - see listing on Used Vic - link below. My husband bought this 4 hp from a friend of his for me to use on our 8 foot dingy this summer - but I found it just too heavy for me to pick up and I knew it was going to be difficult for me to take on and off the transom of the...
  7. Ground Tackle

Media report - something positive

https://globalnews.ca/video/5875113/good-news-about-salmon-stocks-on-b-c-coast
  8. Ground Tackle

Bow rail repair

Can any of you guys recommend someone on the island (preferably Nanaimo to Victoria) who can cut the rail between two stanions and weld in a new rail piece in. We had a stupid thing happen.....ugh.....don't ask but see picture attached. No damage to stanions but thinking that can't be...
  9. Ground Tackle

Wanted - Outer Transom Shield

I am looking for a outer transom shield Volvo Penta SX-M duo prop assembly or just the outer transom shield. If you have one or know where I can find one, please let me know. Thanks
  10. Ground Tackle

Chartplotter on a Tablet - advice?

Do any of you use a tablet with the Navionics charts loaded onto it with the boating app as your chartplotter? If so, are you happy with it? From what I understand as long as I purchase a tablet with a gps receiver and a sd card slot I should be good. Any thoughts? We currently have a Lowrance...
  11. Ground Tackle

Recommendations for a cooler frame

Wanting to buy a tube cooler frame for one of those extra large white coleman coolers. Everything I am seeing on web is for companies in the States ie Texas. Does anyone know of anything locally? If not, we are going to go custom - any recommendations for fabricators in Victoria/Nanaimo. Thanks
  12. Ground Tackle

Doggy Question - Help me teach Piper

I would like some advice from you guys who boat regularly with your dogs, how did you train them to use the back deck to go to the washroom? I have read about using a piece of carpet, getting the smell of urine on it to entice the dog to eliminate on it. I just wonder if that at all correlates...
  13. Ground Tackle

Suzuki weighs in - Orca plight article

I just read this on google news. https://www.straight.com/news/1161311/david-suzuki-human-behaviour-root-orca-plight
  14. Ground Tackle

Roadrunner for sale

2006 - in very good shape. Tandem axel, GVWR 2921 kg (6,440 lbs). All new rollers, new spare tire and rim, new bearings, wheel seals and bearing buddies, new removable winch handle and lights. Hydraulic drum surge brakes. Tires in good condition. Pictures don't seem to want to load up for...
  15. Ground Tackle

Wtb tandem axel trailer

On the hunt for an 8000 to 9000 gvw tandem axel trailer in very good shape for a 25 foot. Thanks.
Back