Search results

1. norman oliver

2$ to 3$ a litre gas this summer

Have two trips planned for WH this June and July. Any idea what the fuel situation is ? Fuel reservation/ Pre-pay needed? how much a Liter? Thanks in advance.
  2. norman oliver

2020 Winter Harbour Reports

Thank you, I looked at the aerial view of Alice for the parking, seems a little less. Because of our travel times we are kinda stuck with what we get. Thanks most likely stay with Coal. I do like the old guy at coal, he's a landmark and great to chat with.
  3. norman oliver

Thanks< We have been lucky so far, but we run to the ferry at Duke Point so we get stuck with the tides because of a long travel. Thanks again, good info.
  4. norman oliver

Hello All, Happy 2020 season. I have a question, looking for your opinion's. Been to WH a few times now, always launch and retrieve at Coal Harbor. Since I'm coming from the south, would it be just as easy to launch from port Alice? I hear that there is a deep water entry and tide is not a...
  5. norman oliver

Leader strength for hootchie

Ive used 150lb to 200lb leaders on big game circle hooks and hootchies. the leader is taking a ton on beating on the bottom. everything from being layed on and snagged. strong leader never hurts.
  6. norman oliver

Leader length for spoons

Washington chiming in: It turns out that they all are built for speed. They are either chasing down prey or they are running from it. Chinook being a little more skittish than Silvers, I've run coho killers for silvers as short as 24 inches and as long as 36. If i catch shakers I troll faster...
  7. norman oliver

2019 Winter Harbour Reports

Got back home on saturday. Had fun in WH, we did Grant bay and came away with a 19.5 and a small coho. Ran south a little and picked up 4 more. Hit Cliff pt. a couple times and came away with 4 in the high teens. Got some lings off the pinnacles, the weather came up and made a mess for a few...
  8. norman oliver

Thanks for the info, I'm all packed up, this will be our learning curve year. check on us channel #69 Deplorables.
  9. norman oliver

Thanks we are doing both, I'm launching at CH with boat, friends are towing a 21 foot trailer up on the logging roads. Hoping the path is well marked?
  10. norman oliver

Hey folks, this will only be my second time in WH. Is there anyplace to drop a shrimp pot for a few hours while fishing?
  11. norman oliver

We will be there on the 14th, noted channel 6,
  12. norman oliver

Just one more get up, and we are on our way.......
  13. norman oliver

We will be there on the 14th, we will find some time to kill and talk fishing lies. Heheheh, Outpost space 13. Never been there before. any reports on the road conditions getting there?
  14. norman oliver

We will arrive Sunday, hopefully around supper time. Staying at the Outpost, space 13 for the Deplorables.
  15. norman oliver

Thanks for checking.
  16. norman oliver

I have a number to Campbell River seafood's. They used to have sea ice.......not sure if they are still open. Will call in the am to find out.
  17. norman oliver

Great tip, Thanks. I looked them up in Campbell River, They will be closed the day I travel through. No ice yet at Qualicum?
  18. norman oliver

Great up dates folks Thank you. Sounds like the fish are moving, hopefully some fresh ones are on the way in. Am getting excited about our trip coming next week. Whats the deal e o about no ice? Is it cause of no retention? Or what? Should I get sea ice at Campbell River on my way up?
  19. norman oliver

I thought I replied to this, but maybe it was an email. Either way, Team Deplorable as we got nick named last year while there. ( yeah we all voted for Trump!) Hahahaha just too funny. We will be there on the 14th and hope to see some fishing. But half the fun is some of the folks we met last...
  20. norman oliver

Good report, keep em coming. Thanks.
Back