Search results

1. DJK55

2023 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

I’m always asking questions so, for a change, here’s a report. Fished the south end of Denman/Hornby on Thursday. Lots of boats out. Great weather. Flat water with mixed sun and cloud. Fairly large tide change in the morning, not much afternoon change. Trolled a Copcar Hootchie at 200’ on the...
  2. DJK55

2023 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Anyone having success between Point Holmes and the P54 marker or that general area?
  3. DJK55

Deep Bay launch

Can anyone comment on the Deep Bay ramp. I haven’t been there for a few years. Any changes? Parking? Tide restrictions? thanks
  4. DJK55

2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Does anyone here fish 14-11 this time of year. Coho? Springs?
  5. DJK55

2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

How late into the year is it worth fishing this area?
  6. DJK55

Nice spring today between Lazo and Denman. One small released. Great day. Very few boats.
  7. DJK55

Any reports from area 14-9 south of Cape Lazo?
  8. DJK55

2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Out in the newly open 14-9 area today. Two or three other boats that didn’t seem to be catching. One under size Spring for me. Anyone else fishing this area?
  9. DJK55

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Anyone fishing inside Tree Island 14-11 for Coho? Is it worth going out?
  10. DJK55

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

To those of you who fish The Cape Lazo area, how late into the fall can one expect reasonable fishing?
  11. DJK55

Good day today off Cape Lao. Double header of Balmoral. 125 of water. One at 70 and one at 120. Spoon and hootchie. Both hit at once. The next one was taken by a seal. A good fight. Seal won.
  12. DJK55

Good to hear. I fished the drop on the outside of Tree Island yesterday without a touch. Should have moved up to Lazo. I assume you fish the area between three PJ and PB bells?
  13. DJK55

Thanks for the report. Interested in why you ran down from Comox instead of launching in Deep Bay. I’m new to the area. Still learning the water.
  14. DJK55

2019 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Slow off Lazo today. Ran a Skinny G at 50’ for Coho but it took a nice spring of around 15# to save the day. Nice way to spend Labour Day!
  15. DJK55

2019 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Thanks for the reply re Kitty Hump. I was under the assumption that the launch at Kitty is a bit sketchy for glass boats.
  16. DJK55

Best bet for Friday. Cape Lazo or south of Denman? I usually put in at Union Bay and fish off Cape Lazo and the outside of Tree Island. The hump off Kitty Coleman is a bit far to run. Where would you go?
  17. DJK55

Fished the area south of Cape Lazo on Saturday. Great weather..flat calm. No Springs but many Coho. Some of very good size. Unfortunately, no clipped fish.
  18. DJK55

If you were going out Saturday....off Hornby of cape Lazo ?
Back