Search results

1. S

Ocean Steelhead

I caught one off Sooke a few years ago in September when we were trolling for Coho. We weren't having much luck so I threw on a weird looking green and white hootchie and it climbed on shortly after I put it down. The fish hammered it out of the clip and started a series of cartwheels. We...
  2. S

P2C spoon

I have a bunch of P2B's if you are interested.
  3. S

Intersting fishing tackle history in BC - The ones who helped form local fishing habits.

I have a couple of these brand new, still in plastic.
  4. S

Your favorite Spoons

Hey Ryan, If you are out in Chilliwack, I have a large collection of saltwater gear for sale. Send me a pm if you want to have a look.
  5. S

House of Hardy Longstone mooching reel for sale

I have a House of Hardy Longstone mooching reel for sale. It is in very good condition. Asking $200.00, pick up is in Chilliwack, BC. I can ship on buyer's dime. If you send me a private message, I can send you pictures.
  6. S

For sale - Sage Rod 3106B Brand new

somebody got a deal! I have seen the custom-built ones on marketplace listed for $1000!
  7. S

40th bday charter/lodge ideas?

I would recommend Joe's Salmon Lodge in Hakai Pass, Decent pricing as far as lodges go and not too fancy with buffet style meals. Most of the salmon fishing is cut plug herring with weighted rods which happens to be my favorite next to skipping bucktails in the prop wash. There's decent bottom...
  8. S

Pink Islander MR3

There's a pink Islander MR3 on Facebook Marketplace for sale (not mine) It's listed for $800 and appears to be in very good condition. I know I have seen people post on here that they are looking for a pink Islander so I thought I would pass this along. It's in the Surrey area.
  9. S

Recommendations for January Charter

Jason at Bon Chovy would be my #1 choice, he has always put us on the fish and there's a good chance you would get some prawns and crab.
  10. S

Sage CT 3106

I love fishing that spot as well as Cape Swain.
  11. S

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

One of the best Sturgeon baits you can have!
  12. S

Vintage Spoons?

almost looks like a Mac's Squid. Fisher Dude on the freshwater fishing page may know.
  13. S

Sage CP3113-3–Downrigger Rod?

Interesting that you say the Sage 3106lb was too weak for a 12lb Steelhead. I have caught a ton of big fish on mine including at least 3 Steelhead in the 20lb range. I actually got my PB doe Steelhead last spring thar was estimated in the 19lb range.
  14. S

Sage CP3113-3–Downrigger Rod?

I have fished with the Sage 4110 for a number of years and for me it's the ultimate downrigger rod. It has plenty of backbone for a good hook set and battling large Chinook. My Sage 3106lb and 3113lb are reserved for Steelhead float fishing.
  15. S

Okanagan lake reports 2023

what are good plugs to use in Okanagan Lake? I have acquired a bunch of plugs while buying a group of other fishing gear. There's some Mac's Squids, Lymans and others if anyone is interested.
  16. S

WTB vintage BC salmon spoons

Looks like it's sold already. I was going to buy the whole box.
  17. S

Single or Double Hook Hoochie

Back when we fished with the guides in Campbell River, one of them showed me his set up for cut plug herring. It was a large single for the tow hook and two smaller trebles for the trailer hooks. He called it "the whirling wings of death". He said the fish just has to get close to the bait and...
Back