Search results

1. fshnfnatic

2020 Sidney Reports

Lots of those chums would probably be Cowichan fish.The river is full of them right now,and it's still early.It has gotten as many as 500,000 fish in the recent past.
  2. fshnfnatic

Eddie Van Halen Dead at 65

Jesus! My fingers are getting cramped just watching him play.One of the all time best for sure.RIP Eddie.
  3. fshnfnatic

Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

These are great sealers.I own a Pro-1100 which takes 11" wide bags and they'll fit up to about a low 20's spring.Any bigger and I'll fillet them and slice to size.Been 4 years now without a problem.It was cheaper to buy it on ebay out of the states than anywhere I could find in Canada by almost...
  4. fshnfnatic

2020 Sooke Reports

Worked the Trap as well this AM .Had one smash the gear but was off before I could get the rod out of the holder.Trolled up to Possesion but that was a kelp fest ,so out to the deep we went.Found a school of coho to play with and caught 4 fish with only one being a hatch job and the smallest as...
  5. fshnfnatic

A COVID Chuckle

Beautiful work,SH.You show a great deal of artistic talent for sure.Ever thought about becoming a tattoo artist?
  6. fshnfnatic

Budget Boat Build By Stizzla

LOL Good one Aquaholic.Don't worry about Stizz,something will come up buddy.Besides," Budget Boat Build" is an oxymoron!
  7. fshnfnatic

Best Music Covers

Great version of my favourite Tool song. A great song about human growth and potential by the master of metaphor himself. "ride the spiral to the end. you may just go where no one's been"
  8. fshnfnatic

Best Music Covers

Another gooder,pro.I've been following that Brooke C on youtube for a while now.That guitarist can play as well.These girls both have a bright future in music for sure .Thanks for sharing.
  9. fshnfnatic

Best Music Covers

Awesome cover ,pro.Just what I needed this evening!
  10. fshnfnatic

Were you fishing at Tent last Tuesday?If so ,I think I saw you jigging mostly at the south end of the island.We were prawning and jigging flounder to kill the time while the traps soaked.Might see you there next week if the weather cooperates.
  11. fshnfnatic

2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Yep,Slabbedout has it right.I've been fishing the inlet for 20+ years and the deepest you should throw traps in is no more than 240-250 ft. and I find from 200-225 ft. is optimal for the area around Deep Cove to Pat Bay where I usually fish.It's different everywhere so don't take those depths as...
  12. fshnfnatic

Transducer location question

Yes,it's a convieience thing,but in my case where I live in the Cowichan Valley,there was no one in town that had small pieces available,so would have meant travelling to Victoria to Industrial plastic and paints,paying $20.00 plus tax for a precut 4"x5" lousy piece of starboard,then buying a 5...
  13. fshnfnatic

Transducer location question

This is what I used for my transducer when I upgraded my sounder recently http://sternsaver.com/ Works great and a complete kit with everything you need to do the job.I beleive I purchased it on the U.S. Amazon site and it was around $50-$60 can. shipped.Check it out!
  14. fshnfnatic

You Tube Entertainment

Love this video.Worked in the industry for 20 years as a Helicopter Logger and Professional Faller.Part of me misses the comradery that you have with your fellow workers being in remote camps and away from family and friends in a very tough and dangerous occupation.The other part of me is...
  15. fshnfnatic

A COVID Chuckle

Here's an awesome redition of Bohemian Rhapsody from Queen by The Phoenix Chamber Choir from Vancouver ,B.C. Gave me a bit of a chuckle so thought I'd post it here.Check it out!
  16. fshnfnatic

2020 Gulf Island Reports

Out of Crofton fishing prawns yesterday.Headed out off Tent Island with a dozen other boats first thing on a flat calm but chilly morning.My fishing buddy talked me into just bringing the jigging rods along and leaving the downriggers at home for a change. Turned out it paid off as there was a...
  17. fshnfnatic

2020 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

From what I understand only sub areas 17-6,17-9,17-10, 17-11,17-12 and 17-13 are open for pulse fishing the last 2 weeks(March 16-31).April 1 it should be wide open,but wait for DFO's anouncement before heading out.Hope this helps.
  18. fshnfnatic

New Member here!!

Welcome to our neck of the woods Huy.Good bunch of guys here always willing to help out any way they can.
  19. fshnfnatic

Restoring the Ancient Calcutta Rod

Nicely done M22.Repairing and restoring old classic rods is something I've always wanted to do.You have some fine skills there!
  20. fshnfnatic

2020 Sidney Reports

Now there's a nice limit of winters.Way to go Stizz!!
Back